Booking MSC Fantasia Sept 2018

Memsy87

Hi everyone

We will be booking our cruise this week, and we've decided on MSC Fantasia for a 7 Night cruise from Barcelona next September.

Previously working in the travel industry (not in sales - hence my questions), I know how much MSC have upped their game in the past 2-3 years. And now I hear nothing but good about them.

What I want to ask though is about the cabins and kids activities.

We will be sailing with a 3 year old and we have opted for the balcony cabin. Does every sofa convert to a bed? At a last resort, can I hire a cotbed on board (even though I don't think she'll be still in a cot at that stage)

Also, is the Lego experience on every ship now, or just the newer ones being rolled out?

Oh, and one final question. Is MSC totally different from RCCL in the sense that not even standard bottles of water are included in the cost? Is it only covered by the drinks package?

Thanks everyone

Hi,

All of the sofas convert in to a sofa bed. Can't answer re Lego...

You're correct re the water - however if you have a drinks package bottled water is included. Also the water from the tap is perfectly safe to drink

Hopefully someone with children can answer your other questions :)

Have to say I love Fantasia, my favourite ship in the fleet

Also, is the food in the main dining room exclusively Italian every night? :(

No .............. that would have been a big concern for me when I first started sailing with MSC as I don't eat pizza, pasta, spaghetti, lasagne, bolognese etc. However, 16 cruises in, I've never yet had a problem with the food offerings. Main courses usually include one pasta/risotto dish, one meat dish, one fish dish and one vegetarian option. The food onboard is not outstanding, but neither are MSC prices. The buffet offers a good selection, too, with many stations, including an ethnic corner at the very back of the buffet.

Bytheway, the post I deleted earlier was in reference to booking Sept 2018. After I posted I thought that you meant this coming September. What I said was that I would never book this far out for a Med cruise. There are bound to be offers in Ireland from early next year - possibly with drinks packages included. Med cruises don't generally sell out very early.

The dining room menu goes up on the wall after lunch has finished - my advice would be to have a look - there are some lovely dishes like roast rib of beef and duck in cherry sauce which have become firm favourites of ours! I'm not 100% sure but the kids club might look after your little one while you have a meal in the restaurant - that might depend on ages etc, as I say we dont have children but I do know this happens - but there may be a minimum age?

Hi,

All of the sofas convert in to a sofa bed.

I'm not sure that is correct.

I've certainly had sofas that did not convert into a bed, but that was on the Lirica class ships and before they were stretched and refurbished.

pete

:DThanks for your replies! Great info so far.

Maybe once I have it booked this week and I get my reservation number, I can contact MSC with a preference of a sofa bed for our little girl.

Ah yes, looking at the deck plan, cabins with a triangle have a sofa bed and a diamond a double sofa bed, not all are the same. I assumed all cabins were the same as every one I've had has had a sofa bed

https://www.msccruises.co.uk/en-gb/Discover-MSC/Cruise-Ships/MSC-Fantasia.aspx

In addition not all cabins have a sofa, some of the smaller ones just have chairs

An OV floor plan

oper_OV_2.jpg

Our OV on OPERA

normal_P1010107.jpg

Thanks Bea!

You're welcome, M! :)

Fantasia was our first MSC experience. We loved it!

Water, tea & coffee is available 24/7 in the buffet. Juices at breakfast time. Also, there's a children's corner at lunch (and probably/possibly dinner time) which I sometimes sneak into to nick a plate of mash when they don't have it elsewhere on the buffet.

• 1 year later...