Need to live vicariously....PLEASE

lil buddy

Hi all,

While on the Dawn, in Aug. I took a spill and have been laid up ever since.(seemed faily minor at the time )

We were supposed to go on the Sept 21 Pearl sailing, but I was unable to fly, so it was a no go. We then booked a last minute Ny to Canada for Sept 28th. Shortly thereafter, my problem became way more serious, resulting in surgery and skin grafting....hence had to cancel that one too.

Now I am avidly reading the boards, waiting for reviews and seeing what

I missed. Anyone who was on either of these sailings, would you give me some feed back.....please

I am now trying to heal quickly enough to be ready to go to Aruba in

Nov. While I might be able to go, I will not be able to go swimming so that

will be awful.....feel worse for my husband, who has been a saint and waits on me" hand and feet".lol.......any info will be greatly welcome and make the days go faster.

Thanks and happy sailing to all of you

Awwww, that sounds terrible. :(

I don't know if this helps to live vicariously or not, but ....

My parents were on a NYC to Canada cruise (Princess not NCL) that left Sept 24. They had very rough seas through Long Island sound and tons of rain due to Kyle. Then they stayed an extra nite in Boston, missing Bar Habor altogether while the storm passed by. They said PEI in Canada was nice but 25 kt winds! You would've likely missed all that and nicer weather but they said it actually was one of their least favorites itineraries - they cruise ALOT. So maybe if you had to miss one that was the one ......

Hope you're better soon.

Hi Bayville,

Nothing nearly as exciting....i tripped up ONE step while completely sober.

Probably wouldn't have gotten hurt, if I had just been to the martini tasting...lol

Can't tell you much about what you missed but I can wish you a speedy recovery. As for sober versus not so, I have taken my worst spills when there was no booze in the body (except for what stayed there from the time before) maybe we should all start drinking earlier and we wouldn't trip so easily...

Nita

Archived