Pacific Jewel - Free Laundry for Mini-Suites?

boeckli

I seem to remember reading about free laundry for pax who have booked a suite. Does that also apply to mini-suites on Pacific Jewel?

Apart from priority check-in, are there any other perks for these mini-suites?

TIA

I seem to remember reading about free laundry for pax who have booked a suite. Does that also apply to mini-suites on Pacific Jewel?

TIA

Unfortunately you will get charged for laundry. Not many perks really apart from the boarding - which does work well as does the priority disembarkation! We did get canapes on formal nights and petit fours after dinner also from memory. Much the same as the ones served at welcome cocktail parties - a better selection and OK to munch while "dressing for dinner!". And a glass of welcome to the ship chanpagne on arrival. Nice flowers and fruit and comodious bathrobes. A really good walk in closet! Long but narrow balcony, light and bright stateroom. You are really paying for the extra space which is nice. Need to go up a step to a full suite to get the real perks! :rolleyes:

Unfortunately you will get charged for laundry. Not many perks really apart from the boarding - which does work well as does the priority disembarkation! We did get canapes on formal nights and petit fours after dinner also from memory. Much the same as the ones served at welcome cocktail parties - a better selection and OK to munch while "dressing for dinner!". And a glass of welcome to the ship chanpagne on arrival. Nice flowers and fruit and comodious bathrobes. A really good walk in closet! Long but narrow balcony, light and bright stateroom. You are really paying for the extra space which is nice. Need to go up a step to a full suite to get the real perks! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the info, Colleen.

I know what you mean about the full suite thing, but I think if the ship does not have any, they should afford mini-suite pax the higher perks ;)

BTW, are you (still) enjoying your HX9V as much as I do mine? Looking forward to lots more photo ops on this cruise :)

Thanks for the info, Colleen.

I know what you mean about the full suite thing, but I think if the ship does not have any, they should afford mini-suite pax the higher perks ;)

BTW, are you (still) enjoying your HX9V as much as I do mine? Looking forward to lots more photo ops on this cruise :)

Yes It is excellent for low light and video as well as the street scene with people and landscape photos I tend to go for while on holiday. Love the close up focussing. - I am up early (for a Sunday) to do a photography walk around the Rocks. The only thing we did not like about the minis on the Jewel was the outward opening balcony door - prefer sliding as on Princess. I have some mini suite photos if you want to see them - will put them up on photobucket.

Colleen

Yes It is excellent for low light and video as well as the street scene with people and landscape photos I tend to go for while on holiday. Love the close up focussing. - I am up early (for a Sunday) to do a photography walk around the Rocks. The only thing we did not like about the minis on the Jewel was the outward opening balcony door - prefer sliding as on Princess. I have some mini suite photos if you want to see them - will put them up on photobucket.

Colleen

We prefer sliding doors as well, worst of the outward openers we had was on Celebrity Mercury, it was so tight, it was outright dangerous. :eek:

Would love to see some mini suite photos, thanks. If you don't want to post a link on here, you can email me - my screen name at g mail d o t c o m :D

TIA

Exclusive mini-suite~

amenities

• Priority check-in and disembarkation

• Welcome glass of sparkling wine

• Bathrobe and slippers

• Pillow concierge

• Fresh flowers and fresh fruit

• Canapés on cocktail nights

• Complimentary shoe shine

• Daily satellite newspaper

• On cocktail nights a 'sweet dreams'

surprise is delivered to your cabin

Exclusive suite amenities•

• All the facilities of the mini-suites, plus...

• Invitation to Senior Officers' private

cocktail party

• Preferred dining arrangements

• Preferred spa and tour arrangements

• Fully loaded iPod music system

• Nespresso coffee machine

• Glass of wine on cocktail nights

• Complimentary laundry service,

bottled water and room service

• Afternoon tea service in suite

plus Preferred dinning room bookings,

free shoe shine or cleaning.

I do thing they worth it on longer cruises ( more then 7nights)

Pacific Dawn it there only ship with Suites.

We prefer sliding doors as well, worst of the outward openers we had was on Celebrity Mercury, it was so tight, it was outright dangerous. :eek:

Would love to see some mini suite photos, thanks. If you don't want to post a link on here, you can email me - my screen name at g mail d o t c o m :D

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/cjm660/Pacific%20Jewel%20Mini%20Suite/

No bathroom or closet photos - but both are fine - especially the really walk in closet - the bathroom and closet provide a really effective sound barrier between the bed and corridoor / lift noise. We prefer to be near the lift and stairs. Colleen

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/j372/cjm660/Pacific%20Jewel%20Mini%20Suite/

No bathroom or closet photos - but both are fine - especially the really walk in closet - the bathroom and closet provide a really effective sound barrier between the bed and corridoor / lift noise. We prefer to be near the lift and stairs. Colleen

:) Thank you, Colleen for uploading the cabin photos. Really looks bright and spacious. I understand what you mean about the narrow balcony though. Walk in closet sounds good.

We're in between the two sets of lifts and stairs, so should have no problems with noise.

Also looked at your Wala and Champagne Bay photos - good to get some idea of these places. Any mobility problems once on the islands (DH may take his rollator ashore, although he does not use it all the time)?

Ursula

:) Thank you, Colleen for uploading the cabin photos. Really looks bright and spacious. I understand what you mean about the narrow balcony though. Walk in closet sounds good.

We're in between the two sets of lifts and stairs, so should have no problems with noise.

Also looked at your Wala and Champagne Bay photos - good to get some idea of these places. Any mobility problems once on the islands (DH may take his rollator ashore, although he does not use it all the time)?

Ursula

Try this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644699 It is about accessability etc on Wala and Champagne Bay - My comments among the others - basically both are OK provided you are not motorised or electric wheelchair dependant and are not planning to go beach strolling or bush walking. Stick to the grassy and well trodden paths. Colleen

Try this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644699 It is about accessability etc on Wala and Champagne Bay - My comments among the others - basically both are OK provided you are not motorised or electric wheelchair dependant and are not planning to go beach strolling or bush walking. Stick to the grassy and well trodden paths. Colleen

Thanks, Colleen.

Two more questions please about the mini-suites ...

Are there coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin?

Seeing we will have three tender ports, do you get priority tender tickets?

Thanks, Colleen.

Two more questions please about the mini-suites ...

Are there coffee/tea making facilities in the cabin?

Seeing we will have three tender ports, do you get priority tender tickets?

No tea and coffee making facilities and there are no priority tender tickets.

Cheers

Di

No tea and coffee making facilities and there are no priority tender tickets.

Cheers

Di

Ursula - The only way to get priority tendering on the Jewel is to book an AM ships tour - not usually an option at the three ports on your itinerary. We did this in Denarau and it worked a treat! The shore excursion desk was particularly helpful on our cruise and it is worth visiting them to discuss using the "back of house" lift to get down to the lower level tender dock - saves standing on stairs. They will do this for people with mobility aids - as much for OHS reasons as for our convenience. Cheers Colleen

Archived