Past guest/ upgrade question

champmason

We have 2 staterooms booked with early saver for our cruise in Jan. 2014 and we are also a past guests. Our early saver rate went down by $60 per stateroom (which I have already submitted) and same drop for past guests. The past guest rate included a 2 category upgrade. We are currently in an 8B and do not want to move to a different location. The past guest rate in an 8B is lower by another $50.00 each. Will carnival give us the past guest rate but stay in our same stateroom for the lower price?

Thanks!

We have 2 staterooms booked with early saver for our cruise in Jan. 2014 and we are also a past guests. Our early saver rate went down by $60 per stateroom (which I have already submitted) and same drop for past guests. The past guest rate included a 2 category upgrade. We are currently in an 8B and do not want to move to a different location. The past guest rate in an 8B is lower by another $50.00 each. Will carnival give us the past guest rate but stay in our same stateroom for the lower price?

Thanks!

You can price match to any category you qualify for. So if you are a past guest, yes you can price match to that rate.

My thought would be that you are eligible only for the rate category you booked and the benefits that go along with THAT rate code. I don't believe you can pull discounts from rates codes that you didn't book. But, ES seems to have alot of leeway...Always best to call to verify.

My thought would be that you are eligible only for the rate category you booked and the benefits that go along with THAT rate code. I don't believe you can pull discounts from rates codes that you didn't book. But, ES seems to have alot of leeway...Always best to call to verify.

ES entitles you to price match most rate categories you qualify for, i.e., past guest, senior, resident.

If your cruise is several months out... and lets assume there are hypothetically 4 price drops between now and then... do you submit a new request each and everytime? Or is it a one time deal?

Thanks for any input!

You have to submit a new request each time.

If your cruise is several months out... and lets assume there are hypothetically 4 price drops between now and then... do you submit a new request each and everytime? Or is it a one time deal?

Thanks for any input!

You have to submit for each price drop. They do not do it for you.

I submitted a price drop on both of my cruises this past Thursday. Also submitted another one today using PG.

We booked Early Saver on both of our 2014 cruises. Received Early Saver price drops on each of them last week. We are book at 4B rate.

Today, using Past Guest rate, I submitted a price drop for the 4A upgraded to 4B (which was $50 cheaper) and it was just honored a couple of hours ago. I also noted - Do Not Change Cabins.

Archived