13th January on the Dream.

Having booked this cruise last January and been depressed by all the bad reviews earlier in the year I am now beginning to look forward to the trip and have started to do some research on the Ports of Call. The cruise starts in Barbados and ends in Havana. We like to do our own trips and wondered if anyone has any advice please. In the past we have cruised in the Med/Adriatic etc and will be our first time in the Caribbean. Thanks

Having booked this cruise last January and been depressed by all the bad reviews earlier in the year I am now beginning to look forward to the trip and have started to do some research on the Ports of Call. The cruise starts in Barbados and ends in Havana. We like to do our own trips and wondered if anyone has any advice please. In the past we have cruised in the Med/Adriatic etc and will be our first time in the Caribbean. Thanks

Hi Ashby,

I'm on the same cruise.

You can definately sort out your own trips at, Grenada, Aruba, Curacao, Mo'bay, Gran Cayman & Cozumel. I guess you can at Costa Maya but I don't recall seeing many tours being offered on the quayside at Roatan.

I've been to Cartegena in Columbia & did a great OV trip there and I think I'll book a Thomson trip at Santa Marta. I may book with T for Havana too.

Let me know if you need any specifics.

ET

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Ashby,

I'm on the same cruise.

You can definately sort out your own trips at, Grenada, Aruba, Curacao, Mo'bay, Gran Cayman & Cozumel. I guess you can at Costa Maya but I don't recall seeing many tours being offered on the quayside at Roatan.

I've been to Cartegena in Columbia & did a great OV trip there and I think I'll book a Thomson trip at Santa Marta. I may book with T for Havana too.

Let me know if you need any specifics.

ET

Hi All yes were doing this one to looking forward to it very much, I don,t know what tours we wil be doing as yet been told to keep an eye out on stuff in Mo'bay Jamaica as things are a bit unstable there still. Everywhere else seems ok to do what you want and come and go as you please especially Gran Caymen & Cozumel, Curacao, Aruba, Grenada. Havana is a dream to go out at night was in Cuba for a 14 night stay a couple of years ago amazing place.

;)Having spent many hours of reserch - always fun -our current thoughts a to do a Thomson Walking trek and some free time in Grenda. Spend time on a beach(using local buses) and wandering around port in Aruba & Curacao. Will do a thomson trip in Santa Marta (again probably a trek - keen on wild life) and also "ruins" thomson trip in costa maya due to lenght of journey. Will go to beaches - again with Bus? - on Grand Cayman and Roatan (would like somewhere not too busy )Not sure re Mobay - any ideas or any thoughts on above. I love doing my planning on a wet day but also like to leave a element of decision on the day.

In grand Cayman we did a tour with one of the guys at the port who took us around the island then dropped us off at 7 mile Beach where it is easy to get a taxi back to the ship.

In Grenada the Rhum Runner trip is very good they take you to a beach then on the way back it's singing and dancing and limbo all the way. The open bar is open all the time and the crew are fantastic at giving you a good time. No-one that has ever been on it has not enjoyed themselves especially if they like rum punches (they do serve non-alcholic drinks as well) and a party:D we have been to Grenada 3 times and that is the first trip that we book

Archived