Quick review for N616 Cruise....I'm back!!

Hi All,

Wow is what I keep saying about this holiday. It was absolutely fabulous. Hubby, myself and both my kids had a ball. We went in a group of 3 families totaling 12 in all and all had a great time and would do it all again in a flash.

We stayed on Upper deck room 105 which was in the middle of the boat in an outside cabin, this was a great spot and easy excess to most things.

Be prepared to eat like you have never eaten before... the food is plentyful and the best we have ever eaten (we always eat at flash places and this was certainly up there with the best).

We ate in the Burgandy restaurant every meal except the first breakfast. I am not a buffet lover and much prefer to be waited on so chose the resturant over the buffet. The waiter and drink steward were just wonderful and nothing was ever a problem if you wanted to change anything on the menu or delete an ingredient like mushrooms in the sauce etc.

Drink....Drink.....Drink.....yep there's plenty of that on there too. The cocktails are very addictive and we drank far too many and spent far too much money on alcohol but hey we enjoyed it.

The shows were fantastic with dancers, comedian and musician all doing there thing with so much energy. I had absolutely no energy as I was always so full from eating all the time that it amazed me how they had so much energy....obviously they don't eat like the rest of the passengers.

Cabins were a little small especially with 4 in there but not much time was spent there anyway only to sleep. Our cabin steward (May) was just lovely and always had a smile and a hello for us all. Our cabin was cleaned usually 3 times every day with fresh towels each time.

I put on 4 kilos in the 9 days and was very glad that I had lost 6 before I went though. Hubby also put on 3 kilos. So ladies look out! a bit of advice... take some elastic waist pants or skirts as you will probably need them to go home in as your clothes seem to shrink on there (must be the sea air) LOL.

All day today and last night also were spent washing and ironing and unpacking. 9 days of clothes for 4 people and 10 washing loads later i am done and all packed away...thank goodness!

I did catch up with Brenda (past it) but only briefly (Brenda I did pop over to your cabin twice after we met but you weren't in). Nice to meet you too. Hope you all had a nice time too.

Must say I really didn't expect the wobblies when i got off the ship, this was a shock. I have felt terrible all day today, my head has been swaying all day, just coming good now.

Anyway sorta good to be back as we booked our next holiday today over the internet. We are off to New Zealand in 12 weeks time. So yet another holiday to look forward to. The kids are already nagging for another cruise so hopefully next year we will do it all again. (better start saving our pennies).

Oh some advice to cruisers with kids aged around 12 years we had our 12 year old on our table for dinner and must say it was soooooo much better than what was offered on the kids dinner menu so that was a great decision to have him eat nice food with us. My kids also tried snails on the French night. It gave them a great opportunity to try many different foods which they would never have done before.

All the islands were just beautiful with my favourite being Isle Of Pines and Myster Island. Snorkelling was fantastic there (do take your snorkels, goggles and flippers as it is much easier and cheaper) and I'm sure you will love it, the fish and coral are just awsome.

Anyway must go get an early night. I have lots of catching up on sleep to do......:) :) :) :)

Annette

welcome home. Thanks for another great review. Wish our cruise was sooner after reading your review. O well just have to keep reading . Will you put photos up for us? Will you be cruising again?

welcome home. Thanks for another great review. Wish our cruise was sooner after reading your review. O well just have to keep reading . Will you put photos up for us? Will you be cruising again?

Hi Suexxx,

I would put photos up if i knew how to. I am pretty hopeless with a computer. I know the basics but thats about it. I am hoping to get photos printed today or tomorrow.

Yes i would definately cruise again. We have always wanted to tour New Zealand so will go there in 12 weeks and have already had a Queensland holiday and the cruise this year plus NZ so will be broke after that.

I am off to the travel agent today re NZ and hubby has asked me to pick up a cruise brochure. Will most likely book another one for next year around April (little bit warmer than this one). Kids want to go too so will have to look out for a good price as its quite expensive to take the 4 of us since the eldest is 14 and an adult fare. :) :)

Annette

Archived