Reggae Beach

missygirl

We were there last week. The area we stayed (near the restaurant/bar), the chairs were $5 each and the umbrella was an additional $5. Drinks were pretty normal ~$5 for a beer, closer to $10 for a mixed drink. However, we walked down the beach a bit and the same beer was $3 and they had a variety of mixed drinks (Rum Punch, Sex on the Beach, Rum and Coke, etc) for $5 a piece.

The scenery is absolutely beautiful and I would definitely recommend it. IF you're planning on doing any snorkeling, I would recommend water shoes. Most of the area is fine, but there are definitely some areas that are very rocky and sea urchins are common too.

Thanks so much for the helpful information. Another question do you know how much a taxi for two costs?

I think I can help with that one. Taxis charge set amounts, per cab. To Reggae Beach Bar/Grille, which is on Cockleshell Beach, the cost per cab is $28.00. When we went there for the day, they waited to fill the cab, so it was $7.00 per person. On the trip back to town, we were in a cab with 2 others, so we also only had to pay $7.00 per person for the ride back. If it's just the two of you, then it will be $28.00 total, each way. I definitely agree with codyjacobs' comment about the scenery...gorgeous!!!