Progreso Pool Near ship ?

My wife and I were on Elation last November and visited Progreso for a day. We walked off the ship and then through the modern looking white round gift shop. There was a vendor in between that gift shop and the rest of the market that sold cold beer [3 for $10!] and had a small pool available. I was wondering if that pool is still there. I'm gonna be with a group on Elation again in November and if that pool is still there I'm thinking that it will be as far into Progreso as I get. =)

Thanks in advance ....

maldenmusic ... SWEET !! Thanks so much.

If anyone sees me in that pool on Monday Nov 5th with my PurpleDog hat on ? Say hello and I will buy you a beer as we wait for our wives to finish buying stuff ! =)

maldenmusic ... SWEET !! Thanks so much.

If anyone sees me in that pool on Monday Nov 5th with my PurpleDog hat on ? Say hello and I will buy you a beer as we wait for our wives to finish buying stuff ! =)

Have a great time and drink one for me in November. I'll be there in about 30 days!

Have a great time and drink one for me in November. I'll be there in about 30 days!

maldenmusic: If you are near the pool, and happen to think of it, could you please snap a few photos and post them ? I'd love to show the others in my party what it looks like. Do you know if it happens to have a name besides 3-beers-for-10-bucks-with-pool ?

maldenmusic: If you are near the pool, and happen to think of it, could you please snap a few photos and post them ? I'd love to show the others in my party what it looks like. Do you know if it happens to have a name besides 3-beers-for-10-bucks-with-pool ?

IDK but I'll try to remember and get a picture! And the poster above is correct, there is cheaper beer in Progreso!

IDK but I'll try to remember and get a picture! And the poster above is correct, there is cheaper beer in Progreso!

Thanks !

It's not so much the beer I'm after, its the pool. When we were there last November I remember walking off the ship into a blindingly hot sun and very very hot temps. I will be in that pool for sure !

Thanks !

It's not so much the beer I'm after, its the pool. When we were there last November I remember walking off the ship into a blindingly hot sun and very very hot temps. I will be in that pool for sure !

If you've not been into Progreso you should at least go for a little bit. You could ride the double decker bus for $3 which is a total hoot. The bus driver will show you who has the best beer and tequila specials. Progreso isn't my ideal destination but I"m always glad I at least go for a little while!

PurpleDog. Nov temps should be in the eighties or upper seventies. I'm about 70 miles south of you and that's no worse than a typical summer day here I'll be visiting Merida/Progreso the end of Oct and early Nov which I've done comfortably before.

You can check historic temps for any month thru http://www.yucatantoday.com Just check "weather" on the opening page, I think.

• 3 months later...

Archived