QE2 - Amazing discounts in July

KenC

There are discounts of up to 76% on offer for the July 17 Iberian Summer sailing icon_eek.gif

Huge last minute offers for all categories up to Q are shown on the Cunard.co.uk site (assume the Cunard.com site is similar).

Obviously the ship isn't filling as well as hoped which doesn't bode well for her new role, especially with increased competition sailing from Southampton in 2005 (RCI and Princess as well as P&O's new Arcadia and second hand new Artemis)

KenC

Sea Princess I - 11/88 S.China Sea

QE2 - 07/89 France

Star Princess I - 11/89 W.Caribbean

Vistafjord - 06/90 W.Mediterranean

Ausonia - 07/98 E.Mediterranean

Golden Princess II - 12/01 E.Caribbean

Norwegian Sun - 12/01 S.Caribbean

Brilliance of the Seas - 09/02 Transatlantic

Grandeur of the Seas - 12/02 W.Caribbean

Summit - 02/03 S.Caribbean

Zuiderdam - 09/03 E.Caribbean

Caronia - 11/03 Weekend Party

Queen Mary 2 - 01/04 The Maiden Voyage

Jewel of the Seas - 05/04 Norway

Millenium - 11/04 E.Caribbean

Island Princess - 01/05 Hawaii

I read of a fantastic offer on QM2 sailing on 25th of this month-39 nights for £720 !!! I couldn't believe my eyes and checked on another site which had the same offer for a wee bit more-£799.

Seems a bit too good to be true.

Heck I hope I can find offers like that when I am ready to book my next cruise (although I usually sail RCCI)

Liz

Elizanessie.jpg?dc=4675451443376282749

Hi Ken

The strange thing is it says"save £5432" which would make it appear not to be a misprint.Och well I can only dream.Heck 39 nights would be equal to 3x6nights and the 11 night cruise.Probably if I phoned them they would only have the more expensive cabins left.

Liz

Elizanessie.jpg?dc=4675451443376282749

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenC:

There are discounts of up to 76% on offer for the July 17 Iberian Summer sailing...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The lowest fare offered on that cruise, MI, works out to $138.00 a day (around 76.00GBP)....amazing deal. Almost too good to pass up.

You going, Ken?

Crouton

Hi Crouton

I've seen the M1 fares in the UK as low as 64GBP per day (that's only $113) - which is amazing. I'm afraid I could not bear having a tiny cabin with bunk beds, but the C, P and Q grades are even better value for money.

I'm not a great fan of QE2 and the itinerary is not one I would choose, so I'll pass on this offer. However, it is great to see more competitive pricing in Europe - lets hope it's here to stay. We will do a trip on the old lady before she goes, but not quite yet.

Where and when are you off cruising again ???? Didn't realise you were staying in the UK for so long after QM2 - you could have come visit!

Regards

Ken

the prices are great, but at this late date, just try to find reasonable airfare to fly you "over the pond" to Southampton! If one tries to use frequent flyer miles at this late date, the airline agents can't help but snicker and giggle when you ask if any seats are available, so, guess it is a great deal if you are already there!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 2dream4:

the prices are great, but at this late date, just try to find reasonable airfare to fly you "over the pond" to Southampton! If one tries to use frequent flyer miles at this late date, the airline agents can't help but snicker and giggle when you ask if any seats are available, so, guess it is a great deal if you are already there!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>My understanding is that -- even with the low fares -- Cunard would get you there for an additional $99 from the east coast and $299 from the west.

Yes? ...No?

After reading your earlier posting I checked the Cunard home page for special deals. YES, the prices have gone down on 6 QE2 cruises; NO they are no longer posting their special to fly you over for $99/199/299 depending upon location... it use to be advertised... I am noticing now the airfare is not included.. icon_redface.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenC:

...Where and when are you off cruising again ???? Didn't realise you were staying in the UK for so long after QM2 - you could have come visit!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I didn't realize it either! I unexpectedly fell in love with London and just kept extending my stay...

I'm sorry I missed you, but I am all but certain we'll have another opportunity.

Crouton

Oh yuk - don't like this new thread layout much. Page is too wide

Anyway - Hi Crouton, thanks for the compliments about the photos and I'm sure we will meet up sometime if you are hooked to cruising now ????

Noticed the interest in QE2, could you be thinking of a trip on her???? Have you seen the 2005 brochure yet? It is pretty impressive - at last Cunard have removed the smoke and mirrors about QE2 cabins by using 3-D diagrams (and yes, even if they are only representative, they do give a good idea - especially about the M class!!!)

OK lets see if this thing posts!!!!

Regards

Ken

Archived