Balcony Suite question - new to Seabourn

joschus

Hello,

Would someone familiar with the layout of the suites please explain to me about the balcony suites. I understand that Seabourn originally did not have balconys but now do.

I've also read that these are not the true balconys found on other cruise ships where one finds tables and chairs. From what I've heard, the Seabourn balcony allows one to step outside but not much else. What level of suites besides the balcony suites have them?

I would really like to hear some information on this because we love having a good size balcony and this may sway our decision to try Seabourn. Thanks very much.

John

The "balconies" in Seabourn suites, with the exception of 1 or 2 special suites, are not really balconies. They are more like a sliding glass door that opens to a narrow outdoor space--not enough space to bring a chair on to.

If you really need/want a proper balcony, the basic Seabourn suite will disappoint you.

That said, the Seabourn experience is fantastic in almost every other way.

Our balconies, with the exception of Suites 1, 2, 3, and 4 have "French Balconies." The glass door can be pulled back and there is a small platform that you can stand on. It's a "Don't Cry For Me" Evita type balcony!

We never miss the large "table/chairs" balcony as the ships are so small, you can step out to a open deck in a few minutes walk, from your Suite! I enjoy a French Balcony for the fresh ocean air.......and the sound of the sea. The Suites are quite luxurious......we're to have all three Yacht's redone (in the Bahamas) the end of 2005.

Come experience "Our Seabourn Way".......it's the only way!

MB

I do not find the absence of a 'true' balcony a deterrent on the Seabourn ships. It is small and there are so many places to be outside without feeling cramped or like lining up in a queue for the bus. That being said, as I take off on the QM2, I insisted on a suite with a full balcony. I have visions....

But the visions on Seabourn are always just divine!

Jane in PHL(And the ability to never having to sign a chit or add a tip is indeed worth more than the price!)

...or more correctly: what do you want in a balcony?

For most people, it's the ability to sit in the fresh air and/or sunlight, watch the sea or the shore, look down along the side of the ship to ensure that the captain is docking it right, enjoy your morning coffee, etc.

OK, with a Seabourn balcony, with the door slid open, you can:

sit in the fresh air and or sunlight, enjoying your morning coffee ON A COMFORTABLE COUCH, gaze out at a panoramic view, step up on the "balcony" and stick your head out and check on the docking process, and when you close the door--your personal space doesn't get smaller!

(Plus you can order dinner and they'll serve it to you on the clever pop-up table as you watch the lights of the port across the harbor--sheer Heaven!)

bgood

Jane,

Having sailed on QM2 a year ago (a very long 28 days), I can only hope that you booked a true "balcony" on her. Our cabin was a "balcony suite" that amounted to a large picture window sized hole in the hull. When you sat down your view was steel.

Have a good time, although I'm sure you will be yearning for Seabourn while on board!

CruiserDan

Archived