walkers with chair

hobgoblin

Currently organising a first time ever cruise for my mother in law to Caribbean with Celebrity Eclipse in November ( docking , not tenders to St Kitts,San Juan,St Maarten and Puerto Rico)

Need some advice about wheeled walkers with chair.

Can you take these walkers on the Celebrity organised tour bus going into to the local towns ?

Does it have to be the disabled guests bus tour we book?

Any advice appreciated,she isnt keen on a wheelchair and walks still with 2 canes and if a longer distance her walker(stubborn about wheelchairs!)

Currently organising a first time ever cruise for my mother in law to Caribbean with Celebrity Eclipse in November ( docking , not tenders to St Kitts,San Juan,St Maarten and Puerto Rico)

Need some advice about wheeled walkers with chair.

Can you take these walkers on the Celebrity organised tour bus going into to the local towns ? Generally speaking yes if the walker is able to be folded or collapsed and if the tour bus has a luggage hold compartment.

Does it have to be the disabled guests bus tour we book? No but you MIL will need to be able to step up into the bus . The first step onto the bus is often a high step.

Any advice appreciated,she isnt keen on a wheelchair and walks still with 2 canes and if a longer distance her walker(stubborn about wheelchairs!) Your MIL my not be keen on wheelchairs but it can be a very lengthy walk even from the ship to where the tour buses are located so a folding wheelchair really might be the better option.

Hope this helps you .

Can you take these walkers on the Celebrity organised tour bus going into to the local towns ?

Most likely!

Does it have to be the disabled guests bus tour we book?

No.

Any advice appreciated,she isnt keen on a wheelchair and walks still with 2 canes and if a longer distance the walker.

Talk to Celebrity access department. Also once on board talk to the shore excursion desk.

Some docks are very long, having the seat will be great. Sometimes a golf cart type thing will offer rides, some times free some times for a buck or two.

My wife was very stubborn about a wheelchair 2 years ago but I rented one and told her we will just keep it in the room if she just wanted to use her walker. after walking halfway to owards Juneau she had me run back and get it. It was the best decision i ever made. now on the ship she uses her walker and off ship her wheelchair.

Archived