Arcadia-Norway

Splinter

Considering a Norweigan fjords trip next summer on the Arcadia. Have never sailed P&O before. I have heard that the food on this ship is not very good. Anyone who can comment on this?

How is the entertainment? Are there good places to watch the scenary outside the ship from an indoor area (my mother is very sensative to drafts)?

Will be traveling with my parents, and my mother is a full-time wheelchair user. Has anyone been in the wheelchair accessible cabins? Do you know if any will accomodate 3 people?

Anything else you can tell us about this ship or either the 7 or 14 day itinerary would be appreciated.

Hello Splinter, My wife and I were on the Arcadia in September for two weeks in the Mediterranean. She is a new ship and has had some problems initially, dont they all, but things have settled down now and she is currently in the Caribbean and receiving good reports. With regard to the food, there has never been any problems. The food served in the dining room is on a par with Princess, I know, I've cruised for years with them, and there is also two alternative dining venues which have had rave revues. The entertainment on board is above standard. The theatre company on board during our cruise were magnificent. I havent heard any adverse reports with regard to wheelchair users and there certainly were lots of them on board during our stay. There are lots of quiet areas about the ship with window views and that should not be a problem. We were in a balcony cabin which had enough room for the two of us but the big plus point was the balcony, its half as big again as any balcony I've been on with Princess. Happy cruising, Jimmy.

Cannot really speak for Arcadia as I don't go on her until July 06, but have done around 20 odd cruises with P & O and my waistline can certainly tell you there is nothing wrong with the food on any of their ships. Of course it is geared mainly to the British taste. I have recently returned from 24 nights on the QM2 and I personally felt that the food on P & O was slightly better, but hubby reckons that it was on a par!! Certainly get more choices on P & O.

Elaine

• 1 month later...

Norway is wonderful.

Geiranger is wonderful - as is Flam. If you go to the latter certainly do the railway. Spectacular scenery.

Northern Norway (above the Arctic Circle) is very different. Still beautiful, but less green.

When we went we were too hot if anything! The weather was lovely and although we spent a lot of time on the balconies, sometimes it was nice to be inside and cool.....

Archived