Port of Miami to FLL

Sherette7769

I know this has been asked before, but my search here only made me a little more confused.

We need to rent a car for the day of our return cruise near the Port of Miami, but return it to FLL. Our flight doesn't leave out of FLL until after 7 pm, so we would like to enjoy a few hours on our own after getting off the ship. What is the easiest way for us to do this? Are there free shuttles leaving the port to the rental car companies? If so, what is our best option? Would it be easier for one of us to go pick up the car alone, or should we take all our bags and two kids with us? :confused: TIA!

National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttle service between POM and their MIA airport locations. Hertz, Avis and Budget have downtown locations close to POM - if they do not shuttle a taxi will be about $12-13 or you can Uber for under $10. There have been reports on this board about downtown locations being overwhelmed with cruisers, including delays of 1-2+ hours despite having confirmed reservations. :mad: