Denali Naitonal Park end of May

JAN1

We will be in Denali National Park on May 30 and 31st leaving on June 1st The only shuttle bus running goes to Toklat mile 53 Found out the season starts on June 1st. Is it still worth taking that bus shuttle since we probably won't be able to get further into the park? We have to leave sometime on June 1st Thanks

Janice

We will be in Denali National Park on May 30 and 31st leaving on June 1st The only shuttle bus running goes to Toklat mile 53 Found out the season starts on June 1st. Is it still worth taking that bus shuttle since we probably won't be able to get further into the park? We have to leave sometime on June 1st Thanks

Janice

It'll still be worth it to take the shuttle. What is your destination on the 1st and what time do you need to be there?

I checked the NPS website several days ago as I was curious as to when the first shuttle is scheduled into Eielson Visitors Center. Shuttle service to EVC is scheduled to start on June 1, 2018. While I feel EVC is preferable to Toklat, I agree that it is still worth the shuttle into Toklat.

We are going on Princess Cruise that leaves from Whittier on evening of June 2nd so we don't want to miss the ship. We originally thought we can drive back from Denali to Anchorage, return the car at Enterprise and take a shuttle bus to Whittier. We think it might be too much to do that in a day so decided to just take our time and come back to Anchorage on June 1st. We could stay the morning in Denali National Park on June 1st and then head back. So we would take the shuttle to Toklat this time to see part of the park. Really wanted to be able to go further into the park Also we have reservations at White Moose Lodge in Healey. Also thought about Denali Park Hotel which is close to the lodge

Janice