How does the $50 Onboard Excursion Credit per port work with "package" excursions?

FadyDizzle

Hi all,

I'm looking to book a May 2018 Norwegian Epic 7-day cruise from Barcelona which has 5 stops (Naples, Florence, Rome, Cannes, and Palma Majorca). In looking at the 2 Free at Sea, I was intrigued by the $50 onboard credit per stop for excursions. I noticed one excursion package called the "Rome Highlights Package" which is actually one excursion per stop (so a package of 5 excursions in total) for $600 per person instead of $750 if you book each one individually (so about 20% savings when you book the package).

My question is, does anyone know if I can use any of the onboard credit for this package? If I can, will I be able to use only one $50 credit or will I be able to apply all of the credits? I think it might come down to how these packages are billed. If they are billed all together on one line item on my cruise statement, maybe they'll allow only one $50 credit. If they are billed as each excursion separately just at a discounted package rate, maybe I can apply each $50 credit since I'm technically doing an excursion at each stop. Alternatively, they may say since there's a 20% discount applied already, I can't use any excursion credits.

Any advice would be helpful. I tried calling the NCL number and asking and the person seemed to not understand my question at all as it relates to the package they're offering on their own site. Appreciate it in advance!

Hi all,

I'm looking to book a May 2018 Norwegian Epic 7-day cruise from Barcelona which has 5 stops (Naples, Florence, Rome, Cannes, and Palma Majorca). In looking at the 2 Free at Sea, I was intrigued by the $50 onboard credit per stop for excursions. I noticed one excursion package called the "Rome Highlights Package" which is actually one excursion per stop (so a package of 5 excursions in total) for $600 per person instead of $750 if you book each one individually (so about 20% savings when you book the package).

My question is, does anyone know if I can use any of the onboard credit for this package? If I can, will I be able to use only one $50 credit or will I be able to apply all of the credits? I think it might come down to how these packages are billed. If they are billed all together on one line item on my cruise statement, maybe they'll allow only one $50 credit. If they are billed as each excursion separately just at a discounted package rate, maybe I can apply each $50 credit since I'm technically doing an excursion at each stop. Alternatively, they may say since there's a 20% discount applied already, I can't use any excursion credits.

Any advice would be helpful. I tried calling the NCL number and asking and the person seemed to not understand my question at all as it relates to the package they're offering on their own site. Appreciate it in advance!

The Rome Highlights I believe is just one excursion in Rome. The $50 would be applied for that one port of Call. There would be another $50 for each of the other ports.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Rome Highlights I believe is just one excursion in Rome. The $50 would be applied for that one port of Call. There would be another $50 for each of the other ports.

You're right, sorry, I mislabeled it. The package I'm asking about is called the "Highlights Tour Package"

The description says: This package lets you discover the highlights of each destination while taking advantage of a 20% discount.

I called and they said it was made up of the following individual excursions but packaged together:

-Pompeii Excavations Tour

-Rome Highlights Tour

-Florence & Pisa Highlights

-Highlights of Nice

-Palma in Depth

So that being said, since it's technically 5 different excursions but sold as a package with pricing of $600 pp instead of $750 pp, how would the $50 onboard credits apply, if at all?

You're right, sorry, I mislabeled it. The package I'm asking about is called the "Highlights Tour Package"

The description says: This package lets you discover the highlights of each destination while taking advantage of a 20% discount.

I called and they said it was made up of the following individual excursions but packaged together:

-Pompeii Excavations Tour

-Rome Highlights Tour

-Florence & Pisa Highlights

-Highlights of Nice

-Palma in Depth

So that being said, since it's technically 5 different excursions but sold as a package with pricing of $600 pp instead of $750 pp, how would the $50 onboard credits apply, if at all?

Ok, now I am intrigued too. I’ll see if I can find out and repost. We are on this ship in June!

Did you use the correct name for the package? I did a quick google search and it's listed on their website as the "Highlights Tour Package". If you called it the Rome Highlights Package the ncl person may have been confused since Rome is only one stop.

Other than that, I dunno. I would guess that it's *probably* not allowed to take $50 off each port when you buy this, but who knows.

Did you use the correct name for the package? I did a quick google search and it's listed on their website as the "Highlights Tour Package". If you called it the Rome Highlights Package the ncl person may have been confused since Rome is only one stop.

Other than that, I dunno. I would guess that it's *probably* not allowed to take $50 off each port when you buy this, but who knows.

Yea, I likely used the wrong title. I can give them another call later but to me it looked like he didn't even bother looking anything up when answering the wrong question. He seemed to have all the answers off the top of his head. When I asked about the 'package' excursions, he simply just reiterated the terms of $50 of credit at each stop, sort of implying it would be applied, so I didn't feel comfortable making a decision to book it based on his nonchalant answers. I can hope for another consultant next time I called but was hoping to see if anyone had real world experience on this.

• 2 months later...
Yea, I likely used the wrong title. I can give them another call later but to me it looked like he didn't even bother looking anything up when answering the wrong question. He seemed to have all the answers off the top of his head. When I asked about the 'package' excursions, he simply just reiterated the terms of $50 of credit at each stop, sort of implying it would be applied, so I didn't feel comfortable making a decision to book it based on his nonchalant answers. I can hope for another consultant next time I called but was hoping to see if anyone had real world experience on this.
Hey! Did you ever get a good answer on this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app