Beach at Harvest Caye

SCAnthony

Wondering how nice the beach is at Harvest Caye? I’ve read a lot of mixed reviews. Is the water clear like you would imagine a typical Caribbean beach? White sand? Rocky? I know it’s a purpose built/commercial type port and not really worried about that....Just want a nice beach to sit on for the day. In many of the pictures I’ve seen it looks a little murky.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

To me. This is my 'Beach Day' place. Get excursions for the other ports, and enjoy the beach here. The beach isn't bad, but I guess how much activity is going on in the water will determine how clear or murky the water will be. The do have a nice pool. They do have a 'Clam Shell' umbrella with 2 chairs, but it will cost. That is my only complaint about Harvest Caye is the cost.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

It’s a lovely place, very clean and great food. Beautiful pool. We didn’t bother to walk the beach - it was just too crowded in the main area which is full of yellow clam shells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We found the water murky, not very clear at all compared to roatan and Cozumel. Sand was bad. ground up shells mixed with sand, not soft at all. ridiculously overpriced food and drinks, so eat on the boat. Beautiful grounds and pool.

That’s what I was afraid of. I’m seriously thinking about cancelling and booking a different cruise. We love cruising but we also are beach lovers. Our itinerary includes HC, Belize City, Costa maya and Cozumel. I’ve only been to Coz and from what I’m reading the other ports don’t have the best beaches. But my wife really wants to do the Breakaway. Don’t know what to do.

From Belize City you will need to take an excursion to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye if you want a beach day but the beaches are beautiful. Cozumel as you probably know has nice beaches and lots of beach club choices. Costa Maya has some beach clubs but you can go enjoy the beach town of Mahahual on your own. That only leaves Harvest Caye so if you can handle a pool day there you will enjoy this itinerary with plenty of beach time.

From Belize City you will need to take an excursion to Caye Caulker or Ambergris Caye if you want a beach day but the beaches are beautiful. Cozumel as you probably know has nice beaches and lots of beach club choices. Costa Maya has some beach clubs but you can go enjoy the beach town of Mahahual on your own. That only leaves Harvest Caye so if you can handle a pool day there you will enjoy this itinerary with plenty of beach time.

Thanks!