Has anyone done the $30 daypasses from Bananarama?

sailawaybellaluna

Hello! I was looking at the $30 day passes offered to cruiseship passengers from Bananarama. It includes roundtrip transportation from the port, a lounge chair and a welcome drink.

Just wondering if anyone had experience with this, and how reliable the transportation was?

I'm reading about many people going there via taxi and spending $10 to get a lounger, but wondering about relying on Bananarama for the transportation as part of this package.

Thanks!

The price isn’t bad. They do charge $10 for a chair unless you purchase food or drink, so you can do the math and decide if it’s work taking a cheaper means of transportation and just buying drinks or food to get the chairs. A taxi one way will run you $30 for up to 4 people. Bananarama has nice vans and good drivers. We’re going back for our 5th trip to Banmrama in April. I’d trust them to return you on time.

The price isn’t bad. They do charge $10 for a chair unless you purchase food or drink, so you can do the math and decide if it’s work taking a cheaper means of transportation and just buying drinks or food to get the chairs. A taxi one way will run you $30 for up to 4 people. Bananarama has nice vans and good drivers. We’re going back for our 5th trip to Banmrama in April. I’d trust them to return you on time.

Please tell us more about how you managed a taxi for $30 from the cruise ship port.

We walked past the gate to the local taxis. In any event, The price isn’t bad. We always took risks that others may not feel comfortable with. The last time I visited Roatan on a ship, we got the taxi for $40 for two people, and the guy took us wherever we wanted to go. Again- that’s a risk many may not want to take.

We walked past the gate to the local taxis. In any event, The price isn’t bad. We always took risks that others may not feel comfortable with. The last time I visited Roatan on a ship, we got the taxi for $40 for two people, and the guy took us wherever we wanted to go. Again- that’s a risk many may not want to take.

Do you speak Spanish and how long did it take you to haggle?

My concern has always been, getting fleeced on the way back. ok so I manage to find a taxi willing to take me to West Bay for $30, I still have to get back to the ship, these guys know I have to be back at a specific time.. easy to take advantage.

I s'pose you can sort round trip but again unless one has Spanish speaking and haggling skills.

I applaud your talent, I do.

My son speaks Spanish, but we didn’t have an Hispanic driver. We just kept walking down the hill and telling drivers our price until someone bit. We ended up tipping him after the trip, because we were very happy with him.

Ahha.... so, time, skill, effort and not knowing if anyone bite. I don't have that talent. I am not sure you are doing anyone any service by telling them you paid $30 by walking down the hill. :0)

Don't get me wrong I have all kinds of adventure in me, I just prefer set prices, public transport instead of hagging. I will tell you I slowly developed the skill while backpacking SEA for eight weeks, but it was a struggle every time. Thank goodness the public transport was available in Turkey and Syria. :0)

The Bananarama rate is a good one, and we love the people there. If anyone is feeling adventurous, the fllyboard is pretty cool. I posted a video of Dawsen Bennett doing it on YouTube. He’s the best.

You can’t go wrong with Bananarama. Roatan is our favorite port of all.

To the OP and others, my apologies for getting off track-ish.

Banarama has an amazing reputation and would do anything they can to make your day more enjoyable. I have been recommending their day pass for ages. They were the original "with transport daypass" on the beach.

Thanks everyone!

Just to clarify, the $30/person Bananarama cruiseship package specifies that it includes the beach chair (along with the transportation and welcome drink)? In any case, we will be ordering food, but just wanted to clarify what's on their website.

I'm so happy everyone has had a good experience here! I wrote to them yesterday afternoon to request booking but haven't heard back. I'm assuming that may be typical since yesterday was Sunday and perhaps internet isn't the best on the island? How do you typically book? I only saw an email address on their website...

Thanks for your input!

Hi.

We did Bananarama last November.

We booked transportation with shoreexcursioneer.com and it was 29 $ pP.

We met our driver right outside the port and at the beach Club, she waited the whole day for us and watched our stuff while sorkeling until we were ready to go back to the port.

Cheap and very easy to deal with...would book them again next time.

First I also tried to use transportation with Bananarama directly but they never ansered my mails...so I booked with the other Company and all went fine.

Greets from Germany, Nadine

Hi.

We did Bananarama last November.

We booked transportation with shoreexcursioneer.com and it was 29 $ pP.

We met our driver right outside the port and at the beach Club, she waited the whole day for us and watched our stuff while sorkeling until we were ready to go back to the port.

Cheap and very easy to deal with...would book them again next time.

First I also tried to use transportation with Bananarama directly but they never ansered my mails...so I booked with the other Company and all went fine.

Greets from Germany, Nadine

Thanks Nadine! This is very helpful! They haven't answered my email yet either. Hmm..

p.s. Any chance you're the same Nadine I met at the Waldorf in Panama in 2014 and shared a taxi to the locks with? I'm Heidi if so!;p

Thanks Nadine! This is very helpful! They haven't answered my email yet either. Hmm..

p.s. Any chance you're the same Nadine I met at the Waldorf in Panama in 2014 and shared a taxi to the locks with? I'm Heidi if so!;p

Hi there,

no I´m sorry, that wasn´t me.

Never been to Panama :p