Older cruisers and what to do

Coolauntangie

My parents Re going to be stopping in Belize in the next cruise. My mom walks with a cane so they thought about just staying on the ship. I just want to give them a couple of ideas that were close to the port or were easily accessible. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 1 month later...
My parents Re going to be stopping in Belize in the next cruise. My mom walks with a cane so they thought about just staying on the ship. I just want to give them a couple of ideas that were close to the port or were easily accessible. Thanks for your help in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Which cruise line? Have you looked at the ship's onboard excursions? I know Carnival has a couple of excursions that are fine for people with mobility issues, close to port.

Just an fyi - Belize is a tender port so just to get to Belize City is not real easy (we are both older). Once there it's all about vendors, heat and humidity and saying I've been to Belize. We have been on 2 cruises that stopped in Belize. First time we stayed on the ship, 2nd time we went to the port so we could say we had been there. Unless you can find an excursion that's easy, I say stay on the ship.