Two + shows a night......... I hope Princess is going back to this fleet wide

DougH

Sailing now on the Grand Princess, perfect weather for our time in Alaska 70+ and sunny everywhere.

What I really liked about this cruise is that we have had 2 plus shows almost every night. Not just two times for the show but two different shows. Typical night has two shows in the aft Vista lounge at 6:30 and 8:30 pm and two more in the main showroom at 7:30 and 9:30 pm. Plus the usual game show in the Explorers lounge. And the shows have been really good, the singers excellent and the comedians very funny, and all new to me.

When Grand Princess first sailed you could actually attend 3 different shows a night, and I'll be thrilled if Princess goes back to the 2 + fleet wide.

The number of different acts on each cruise reflects on the ED's ability to stretch the entertainment budget.

And since the OP is on a 10 night cruise with just four port calls--two of which are only a half day--fortunately the ship is given more to work with. Plus more opportunities to catch one of the acts that bounce around the seven Princess ships in Alaska for a night or two.

I just did a northbound/southbound Alaska doubleheader and there was only one night where the above was true (choice of either production show in Vista Lounge or comedian in Princess Theater). Most other nights you only other option was one of the ship's bands playing in Explorer's Lounge. Assuming the OP is reporting mid-cruise hopefully their remaining nights at sea are just as good.