17th May..Celebration

Well what can i say after our first cruise.....well i didn 't jump ship, i loved it. We had no bad sailing, most of the times you didn't even know you were sailing, woke a few mornings to have a look at us sailing into port to find that we had already docked !!

The cabin was very spacious, we had an outside cabin deck 3, although did have a look at an inside cabin and would cruise again in one of those.

The weather wasn't very good and the ship was cold due to the air con, i think they could have adjusted it a bit

We used the Meridian each evening, dressing up was lovey and our waiters looked after us, the service from them and the drinks waiter was lovely.

The cabin was cleaned at least twice a day.

Regarding excursions, we only did one Ephesus, absoluley worth every penny, well organised and the guide very informative, in fact i would say best day of our cruise.

Looking to do a carribean cruise....any recommendations

Finallly on a more serious note, on our arrival to the ship there was an accident with two ladies falling down the stairs on to the Lido deck.....do anyone know how they are, i think it was quite serious as we were diverted to Rhodes for them to receive hospital treatment.

Please take note, be very very careful when using these stairs, i would even go as far as saying use the internal stairs to come down.

Regards

Taffy

Well what can i say after our first cruise.....well i didn 't jump ship, i loved it. We had no bad sailing, most of the times you didn't even know you were sailing, woke a few mornings to have a look at us sailing into port to find that we had already docked !!

The cabin was very spacious, we had an outside cabin deck 3, although did have a look at an inside cabin and would cruise again in one of those.

The weather wasn't very good and the ship was cold due to the air con, i think they could have adjusted it a bit

We used the Meridian each evening, dressing up was lovey and our waiters looked after us, the service from them and the drinks waiter was lovely.

The cabin was cleaned at least twice a day.

Regarding excursions, we only did one Ephesus, absoluley worth every penny, well organised and the guide very informative, in fact i would say best day of our cruise.

Looking to do a carribean cruise....any recommendations

Finallly on a more serious note, on our arrival to the ship there was an accident with two ladies falling down the stairs on to the Lido deck.....do anyone know how they are, i think it was quite serious as we were diverted to Rhodes for them to receive hospital treatment.

Please take note, be very very careful when using these stairs, i would even go as far as saying use the internal stairs to come down.

Regards

Taffy

So pleased you enjoyed your first cruise so much, Taffy. Another convert!!:D However much you research and read the forms, it's impossible to imagine what it's really like until you actually do it but a good first experience such as this had such an impact on us that we couldn't wait to go again and again and................ :)

Yes, we settle for an inside - just the same - spacious and comfortable although we have had an outside on occasion and liked having some daylight but we're in the cabin for such short periods that we prefer to put the difference towards the next trip! ;)

We've done both itineraries on the Destiny and thoroughly enjoyed both of them - great places to visit and plenty of local taxi firms on the quayside offering pretty well identical trips to the ship's excursions at a fraction of the price. Destiny is much the same experience as Celebration (food, service, atmosphere and entertainment) but it is fixed dining (two sittings) and the Lido restaurant is more of an outdoor experience but this suits the Caribbean well (less so the Med) but the cabins are a little more compact and look a bit more utility - but quite adequate. The pool deck is better and more spacious though.

The Dream is also in the Caribbean next winter - but you may have read about the problems on board at the moment. I feel sure these will be remedied (Thomson must be desperate to sort it all out - it's such bad PR and such a disappointment to so many customers) but I'd definitely wait a while before commiting.

I'm not sure what the AI position is on either ship at the moment but if it's gone or quite expensive my advice (having probably lost the early booking sweeteners) would be to wait for a deal - unless of course you have to plan your holiday dates early and have no option but book well ahead.

Also, once you've booked, I'd read up about your destinations, do some research on the forums and ask questions - it really can help to make the most of your holiday (know what you want to do and see) and also save you alot of money!;)

But happy planning - it's all part of the fun! :D

Archived