Airport transfers from London Heathrow airport to Southampton Cruise port

perleLucinda

As you have posted in the P&O section, I would assume you are travelling with P&O. In which case P&O have a coach service from Heathrow direct to the ship as an alternative to a taxi.

The service is operated by Eavesway Travel and departs at 1300 and costs £40 single and £61 return

http://www.eaveswaytravel.com/cruiselink_booking.asp

Brian

Most-frequently recommended private transfers on Cruise Critic are www.westquaycars.com and www.smithsforairports.com

Both are based at the Southampton end, the price is around £90.

So a one-way for two people costs little more than the cruise transfer bus, and it's cheaper for a larger party. Car is only marginally quicker on the road, but (particularly if you have an early flight out of Heathrow) you don't have to hang around waiting for the coach to fill.

The one-way fare on a scheduled Nat Express coach is around £18 per person, add about £7 for a taxi from Southampton coach station to ship (the "cruise terminal" option on Nat Express' website apploies only to Fred Olsen sailings).

There's only one service every 90 minutes or so, pre-booking is very very strongly advised, you need to know your Heathrow terminal when booking. There's a theoretical luggage limit of two 20kg cases (plus hand luggage) per passenger, not strictly enforced but could cause problems if grossly exceeded..

Trains are frequent, every 30 minutes or so, and cost about £36 e/w - again, add about £7 Southampton central station/ship. But the journey involves train between Southampton and the rail station at Woking (or Reading, depending on train times), and a shuttlebus between there & Heathrow.

Because there's no need to pre-book & frequency is good, the train is a useful fall-back if other arrangements fall through.

Journey time by train/shuttle is about 2 hrs, the same by Nat Express, about 90 mins by cruise transfer, and a little less by car. Though subject to delay summer saturdays to Southampton, weekday mornings to Heathrow, and any day if there's a major traffic accident.

JB :)

• 3 months later...

Hi all just wanted to follow up with how British airporttransfers were, guys i cant complain he was there waiting for us which is always good and we got to Southampton Cruise port quickly it was roughly 1 hour and 15, all in all the service was excellent i would definitely use them again.

Thanks jb and agree with you on waiting for the coach I wanted to travel in taxi, instead of a coach.

I have made a booking from http://www.british-airporttransfers.co.uk/ has anyone here used them?

I will see how this goes as I found them through Google and give an update here.

Not used them to Southampton but have used them several times Heathrow/Coventry and return. Really good service and a fair price.

Regards

Susan

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

We just returned from a British Iles Cruise on Princess. A great taxi service I would recommend, and is the same price as the cruise line transfers is "Smiths to Airport'. I would highly recommend them after the cruise back to a hotel near heathrow