JOS debarkation in Harwich

What time does debarkation start at Harwich? I am trying to decide on a time to book the train back to London.

Can you get off when you want to or do you have to wait around. I'm used to Disney where you can leave anytime .

We were among the first off the ship around 7:30. They do call you by color tags, but it appeared that all of the luggage had already been placed in the claim area. We cleared British immigration while onboard - they had 2 agents sailing with us from the last port in the Baltics (lucky guys!), so we just walked off and onto the bus without. To the best of my recollection we did not have to turn in any British customs forms, either, but I'm a little fuzzy on that one.

I wouldn't count on being able to grab your bags and go, but Harwich does seem to have the system down pat, both for embarkation and debarkation.

If you want to play it real safe book the 10:00am, but I´m pretty sure you´ll have not a problem and probably even spare time with the 9:00am.

I´ve sailed from Harwich 4 times now and checked in at 10:30am to be onboard at 11:00am. So by 10:00am even the last passenger is long gone.

There was a "cruise" train sitting right there at the port when we debarked JOS last year. We were one of the first ones on the train and it sat there for maybe 30 minutes as other passengers debarked the ship and got on the train. We had purchased RT tickets from London at the start of the cruise and already had our return tickets in hand; however, you could buy tickets at the station in Harwich or from the conductor during the ride. It could not have been easier.

judt walk off and get on the train...you dont need to book , just get a ticket and go

It's even easier than that, you don't even need to pre-buy a ticket. The collector on board will sell you one.

Archived