Dolphin Discovery - Is Memories package worth it?

lunagirl

Has anyone done the dolphin encounter at Dolphin Discovery and purchased photos? I see that they offer the Memories package and also sell individual photos.

What is the pricing for the photos? Is it a better idea to do the Memories package?

My family is doing this in two weeks at Chankanaab. We went with the dolphin adventure memories package and bought it online. Considering the memories package was only $10 more than the swim itself I figured it was a no-brainer, as every other dolphin swim review I've read at other places complained about the outrageous prices of the pictures.

Plus when buying it online, using the website chat feature, we got a free manatee interaction thrown in (worth $50), and the guy claimed he would up our picture package from 10 pics per person to 20. I am not sure if the "additional pictures" piece of the deal will be honored or not when I'm there. But even 10 digital pics and a printed picture is worth the extra $10 for the memories package since I'm pretty sure my two daughters will love it and I only plan on doing this once. I will try to see what they're charging for pictures without the memories package when I'm down there.

Edited by Larrythesimpleton

• 5 weeks later...

I'm sorry for the delay in responding. I just wanted to let you know that I thought the memories package was completely worth every penny (so was the dolphin swim for that matter). I think we paid an extra $10-12/person at the time of booking online for the memory package. He promised me 20 pictures per person, when they normally give you 10. We went home with 120 pictures of the 4 of us, and 4 printed pictures also.

I didn't see what they were charging without the memories package but I find it hard to beat what we got for the price we paid.

I would absolutely do it again without a second thought.

I paid $455 for two adults and two kids for the swim adventure memories package, including the manatee thing in the middle of August. It looks like it's a little more expensive now, but I'm not seeing anything near double.

Online, I see the dolphin encounter at $89, dolphin encounter with memories package is $109.

Keep in mind the encounter package will only have you standing in the water with the dolphins, and doing some things with your hands - not getting pulled or pushed around by them as the Adventure or Royal Swim package would. So there will likely be less photo opportunities as well, since there are simply less activities.

Use the chat feature and see what they can do about the price or get additional things thrown in...

Ok thanks. We did the Royal Swim in November but with young grandkids this time the encounter will be great.....right now it is 40% off.....we pd 50% off for Royal November 2017. I chatted and asked about pictures and was told they would offer us pictures at the park following excursion which is what they did last November.... thanks

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

This is booked right from Dolphin Discovery. If you book through them as opposed to cruiseline you take a taxi to get there. The prebooked pictures and swim is cheaper then buying pictures after. I too was offered Manatee bonus with the Royal swim and picture package.

It is likely cheaper to book direct as opposed to the cruiseline.

Does anyone have any experience with adding a discounted photo package if you purchase the Excursion through the cruise line? I know it is cheaper to book directly... But as first-time Cruisers, I'm more comfortable using the package set up by the cruise line