NCL Pride of America, Remodeled Deck 13 ...Suites anyone?

CactusFlower527

I too am booked on Deck 13. Cabin 13018, and would love to see some pics of the newly renovated suite as well. I'm sailing in January 2014 to celebrate my 50th birthday! So if there aren't any posted by then, I'll be sure to post some upon my return home.

Not long back from an owners suite 8500. Not on deck 13 but I would not expect too much. The room was not in very good order at all. Hawaii was fantastic but could be a long time before I revisit NCL I'm afraid.

Mainly I am curious about deck 13, I don't have unrealistic expectations..... :) just want to have a nice cruise and the suite was the same price as booking two balcony cabins :D

I too am booked on Deck 13. Cabin 13018, and would love to see some pics of the newly renovated suite as well. I'm sailing in January 2014 to celebrate my 50th birthday! So if there aren't any posted by then, I'll be sure to post some upon my return home.

popular cruise for 50th birthdays :) take some pics so we can see... I wasn't all that crazy about the owners suites, seemed like they were smaller than the 2 room family suites. .. didn't sleep as many; we don't need a hot tub on the deck.............. we're in Hawaii after all ;-)

Curious to see photos also. I was originally in 13520 but changed when I saw how close it was to the Key West Bar and the pool. Concerned about privacy and noise issues.

Now in 13508.

Does anyone know if the cabins have opened yet? The website I look at says they're not going to be completed until October.

Curious to see photos also. I was originally in 13520 but changed when I saw how close it was to the Key West Bar and the pool. Concerned about privacy and noise issues.

Now in 13508.

Does anyone know if the cabins have opened yet? The website I look at says they're not going to be completed until October.

I heard Sept/Oct that was a while ago though, we're booked for May... we're in 13502 - I am not sure how much time we'll actually be in the room. ..but I would not want to be close to a bar :-\

I heard Sept/Oct that was a while ago though, we're booked for May... we're in 13502 - I am not sure how much time we'll actually be in the room. ..but I would not want to be close to a bar :-\

Don't mind being close to a bar, just didn't want my balcony to be directly above a bar. Curious to see the reviews of those cabins.

We were on the POAm in July, and I was at the key West Bar area, right above the band playing, and looked up at the "new rooms on deck 13, right above the Bar, and told my wife, never allow me to book any of those rooms. The lanais on them open right onto the noise. Unless you like that kind of thing, then they would be great!

Those room #s are: 13520, 13522, 13022, 13020.

just my thoughts...

popular cruise for 50th birthdays :) take some pics so we can see... I wasn't all that crazy about the owners suites, seemed like they were smaller than the 2 room family suites. .. didn't sleep as many; we don't need a hot tub on the deck.............. we're in Hawaii after all ;-)

Will do! Wonder if the suites are different than the online picture for our suite 13018.

We were on the POA last week, and got a preview of the suites. They seem to be much brighter than the other suites, lots of beige and brown. We had a penthouse suite on deck 10, and the new penthouse suites were much smaller. They also slept 6 instead of 4 - 1 king bed, 1 Murphy bed, and a fold-out couch. There was also a table and 2 chairs. For 6 people, it would be very crowded! We decided we wouldn't pick this room for the 3 of us.

The bathrooms were nice, with double sinks, shower, and tub, but the dressing room with the vanity was eliminated. Closet space was much smaller. We visited the rooms over the pool deck, and to my surprise, I could not hear the band playing below when the balcony doors were closed.

We also saw the 4 single rooms. Ugh! Everything was white -walls, bed linen, counters... it reminded me of the 70's space movies.

We were on the POA last week, and got a preview of the suites. They seem to be much brighter than the other suites, lots of beige and brown. We had a penthouse suite on deck 10, and the new penthouse suites were much smaller. They also slept 6 instead of 4 - 1 king bed, 1 Murphy bed, and a fold-out couch. There was also a table and 2 chairs. For 6 people, it would be very crowded! We decided we wouldn't pick this room for the 3 of us.

The bathrooms were nice, with double sinks, shower, and tub, but the dressing room with the vanity was eliminated. Closet space was much smaller. We visited the rooms over the pool deck, and to my surprise, I could not hear the band playing below when the balcony doors were closed.

We also saw the 4 single rooms. Ugh! Everything was white -walls, bed linen, counters... it reminded me of the 70's space movies.

Thanks very much.

Did you happen to see the other Suites on Deck 13?

Apparently they aren't all the same size. (Our TA got the room & balcony dimensions for us, but no photos, although NCL said they would send some.)

There are two that are larger than any others (on any Deck), and some that are smaller than most.

According to the dimensions we were given, even the 4 that overlook the pool area below are not all the same size. Seemed to be 2 different sizes there.

For now, we've chosen a Suite on Deck 10, although having everything new sounded appealing.

Did you see the "view" from any of the port or starboard facing Suites?

Do you see the roof of the deck below? (On the Deck Plans, there is that "white area" surrounding the suites on Deck 13, and no one at NCL could, or would, give us a direct answer about what that represented.)

Thanks again!

GeezerCouple

Thanks very much.

Did you happen to see the other Suites on Deck 13?

Apparently they aren't all the same size. (Our TA got the room & balcony dimensions for us, but no photos, although NCL said they would send some.)

There are two that are larger than any others (on any Deck), and some that are smaller than most.

According to the dimensions we were given, even the 4 that overlook the pool area below are not all the same size. Seemed to be 2 different sizes there.i

For now, we've chosen a Suite on Deck 10, although having everything new sounded appealing.

Did you see the "view" from any of the port or starboard facing Suites?

Do you see the roof of the deck below? (On the Deck Plans, there is that "white area" surrounding the suites on Deck 13, and no one at NCL could, or would, give us a direct answer about what that represented.)

Thanks again!

GeezerCouple

You're right, not all the suites are the same size, but having to deal with what was there previously, I understand why.

The two largest suites on deck 13 are Owner's Suites. They have separate bedroom. The bathrooms are the same as the Penthouses that I described earlier.

From what I can see, the "white area" you are talking about would be part of the pool deck.

Unfortunately, we did not get to see any of the "views" since they were still working on the balconies.

If you go to the NCL website and go to the Ships, then Deck Plans, Deck 13, and click on Owner's Suite, then Photos and Highlights, and then scroll - you can see a snapshot of the new rooms.

I wouldn't worry about the Suites on Deck 10. It will be larger, but a bit darker. But hey, you won't be in your room much!

I'm in 12006 on a mid-November cruise. That's supposed to be the largest suite on the ship. The NCL website says its after September 7, the suite is supposed to have 2 bedrooms (it originally had 1 bedroom), but the floor plan still shows only one bedroom. When I booked, no one at NCL could tell me which was correct. If anyone has any intel on that suite, I'd appreciate it!

You're right, not all the suites are the same size, but having to deal with what was there previously, I understand why.

The two largest suites on deck 13 are Owner's Suites. They have separate bedroom. The bathrooms are the same as the Penthouses that I described earlier.

From what I can see, the "white area" you are talking about would be part of the pool deck.

Unfortunately, we did not get to see any of the "views" since they were still working on the balconies.

If you go to the NCL website and go to the Ships, then Deck Plans, Deck 13, and click on Owner's Suite, then Photos and Highlights, and then scroll - you can see a snapshot of the new rooms.

I wouldn't worry about the Suites on Deck 10. It will be larger, but a bit darker. But hey, you won't be in your room much!

Thanks very much!

So that "white area" on the Deck Plan is the ROOF of Deck 12 after all?

Does that mean that if you look over the balcony, you'd see the roof, and not the water (as from other balconies)?

Sorry - I left out the term "Penthouse Suite" from the previous post.

The Deluxe Penthouse Suites, Owners Suite, and Deluxe Owners Suite are all supposed to be larger than the Penthouse Suite.

But because of the renovations, the Penthouse Suites are now described in size as being

between "494 - 666 sq. ft."

That's a big range. Unfortunately, the sizes do not seem to correspond exactly to Penthouse Suite sub-category or price.

And the sizes of the "Penthouse Suites" on Deck 13 seem to vary the most.

(And then there are the 4 that overlook the pool and bar area, which isn't the same as seeing the water or the islands in the distance...)

There are two regular "Penthouse Suites" on Deck 13 that apparently are much larger than any other regular "Penthouse Suites" on the ship, for example.

It would be great to hear from anyone who arrives back in Honolulu tomorrow and had a chance to see what some of these Deck 13 port and starboard regular Penthouse Suites are really like.

Thanks!

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple

Thanks very much!

It would be great to hear from anyone who arrives back in Honolulu tomorrow and had a chance to see what some of these Deck 13 port and starboard regular Penthouse Suites are really like.

Thanks!

GeezerCouple

I'm figuring ours will be decent size, our are actually right behind the Owners Suite (in fact they are connecting if booked that way). It looks like a decent size on the deck plan. We were also told that photos on the website are NOT representative of the configuration of EVERY suite .. they are all a little different. I am not too worried if it's crowded with 4 in a room that allegedly sleeps up to 6 .. I've always assumed that DOESN'T MEAN 6 ADULTS, but some adults & some children. I'm sure we'll spend SOME time in our suite, but face it, we're in Hawaii.................. we're not going to be spending full DAYS in our suite since this cruise is so port intensive. Could it be any worse than some people sailing 3-4 people in a regular balcony cabin? LOL and yes it's been done. I was curious because sometime between the time we booked and now ... they have reclassed those cabins and are now calling them a 2 room family penthouse suite.

I found this on a Cruise Industry News site....

Norwegian's Pride of America Debuts New Suites and Studio Staterooms

on 13 September 2013.

After $30 million enhancement, US-Flagged cruise ship welcome guests in brand-new staterooms Norwegian Cruise Line unveiled 32 brand-new staterooms this week on the ship’s Hawaii-based vessel, Pride of America.

The final elements in a $30 million enhancement project that began in March, the addition of the new luxurious suites, studios for solo travelers and inside staterooms offers guests a new way to experience a spectacular inter-island cruise in Hawai`i.

“Pride of America offers a unique and extraordinary vacation to four of Hawai`i’s most popular islands, and these new suites elevate the guest experience on this one-of-a-kind vessel to a whole new level,” said Kevin Sheehan, Norwegian Cruise Line’s chief executive officer.

The 24 new suites on Deck 13 are outfitted with premium custom furnishings, fabrics, carpets and ultra-luxurious bathrooms. Two of the 24 suites are Owner’s Suites. These 566 square foot suites, sleeping up to four guests, feature a large bedroom, separate living area and a state of the art bathroom featuring custom mosaic tiles.

The remaining suites are Penthouse Suites – including two Deluxe Penthouse Suites with Large Balcony – ranging from 363 to 459 square feet, most sleeping up to six guests. The two Owner’s Suites will have connecting doors to the adjacent Penthouse Suites, sleeping up to 10 guests when combined, the perfect option for families or groups who wish to travel in luxury together. One of the many highlights of the suites is their expansive balconies, ranging from 150 square feet for Penthouse Suites up to 1200 square feet for the Owner’s Suites, giving Pride of America’s suite guests the largest balconies in the fleet, perfect for taking in the jaw-dropping Hawai`i scenery.

I was booked in 13512 for our upcoming October cruise. After reading these reviews, I am glad I was upgraded to Cat SA on Deck 9, Cabin 9000. This seems to be a much better fit for our family of 5.

Up until now, I was wondering if I made the right choice accepting the free upgrade. No doubt about it now.

3 more weeks!!!

We are booked into 13000 and 13002 for a 2014 cruise and I got a call from NCL today to let me know that the description of 13000 has changed and it now only has one bathroom, and no hot tub. My bigger shock was that the description now only has one bedroom. When we booked the room description was for "two separate bedrooms" and two bathrooms (I have it printed in my Vacation Summary). When I booked it I called NCL to confirm the specification of the room, and that two separate bedrooms was in addition to the living room.

The person I spoke to from NCL today quickly confused themselves looking at the conflicting floorplans and photos on NCLs own website. They said they would call back next week with more accurate information.

The lack of accurate floorplans and photos on the PoA is a real problem. It seems that the information is lacking for all decks, not just 13, and is much less accurate than for other NCL ships. It makes it very hard to know what you are going to get - which is frustrating when you are spending tens of thousands of dollars. I can't imagine buying a car with so little information.

Anyway, I too would also welcome any trip reports and photos from the 13th floor.

As I think I noted in an earlier post, I'm in 12006 (the Deluxe Owner's Suite) for the November 16 cruise. I noticed on the NCL website a couple of days ago that if I look up that room through my reservation, it says it is two full bedrooms, but if I act like I'm booking a new sailing, it says the suite is, in fact, only 1 bedroom. Since booking this room in April of this year, I've called NCL multiple times and gotten different initial answers every time, although the reps would ultimately default to "well, the website says 2 bedrooms." Like the poster above, the NCL reps confused themselves every time.

So yesterday, my partner called to express our unhappiness because we were told multiple times before final payment that it would be two bedrooms (there are 3 of us traveling together). The rep said we were "informed of what we were getting when we booked" and that NCL would do nothing for us -- not even give us a small amount of additional OBC. In fact, we were not informed about what we were getting because none of the NCL reps could tell us the configuration of the suite, despite calling multiple times.

This is my first NCL cruise, and I'm not impressed with the way the company is handling this -- especially given how much I've paid for this cruise.

Edited by Midnight Blue

watersco -- Maybe we should start a new thread about the problems with misrepresentation/lack of information about the POA cabins. I saw on another thread where the NCL social media group actually responded to the poster who started a thread about her problem. Maybe that's the only way to get the company's attention.

Earlier this month, when we were first trying to make a decision about which suite, the Deck Plans/Suite descriptions/Floor Plans kept changing before our eyes every time we refreshed the screen or logged back on.

But NCL hasn't fixed all of that yet.

Go to the POA Deck 12 Deck Plans, and expand the Deluxe Owners Suite category.

The description starts with:

"Living room, dining room, private balcony with hot tub and dining area, two separate bedrooms one a with king-size bed and walk-in-closet and one with two lower beds,..." (underlining added)

But then click on the Floor Plan, and... what you'll see is ONE large bed, no second set of beds, other than perhaps a sofa in the LR, which isn't really a "second bedroom" because the description says a Living Room AND two separate bedrooms.

There also does not seem to be any "real" separation between the bedroom "area" and the Living Room, but that could be an overlooked detail (but I think that not very likely).

It is OBVIOUS that the WRITTEN DESCRIPTION - that there are 2 separate bedrooms - is simply INCORRECT.

Today. Right now.

Or the Floor Plan is simply incorrect.

Did you pay by charge card?

You should have some recourse, depending upon what you want to do.

If you still want to take this cruise, and need two separate/private bedrooms, this DOS isn't going to fit.

Unfortunately, IF the Deck Plan is accurate (that doesn't seem exactly likely), then there isn't even a connecting cabin for them to offer you.

We had a chance to get a significant upgrade on Deck 13 for a *lower* cost at one point back then, but what we were told the category was simply was not what was showing at the time. We were told it would be "fixed and labeled correctly". (It never was, not as of today.)

We chose to stick with a different Deck, one where the walls probably wouldn't be "moving".

Surprisingly, your Suite is on Deck 12, and that wasn't the one that was just completely rebuilt, or so it seemed.

GeezerCouple

Edited by GeezerCouple
correcting typo