Snorkeling in St. Maarten, St. Thomas

peggyy

I snorkeled in Roatan this fall and think I might have been spoiled by their magnificent reefs. I have been reading that it is only so-so around St. Maarten and St. Thomas. Any comments and if so, where is the best place to snorkel?

I haven't been to Roatan, so don't really know what that was like. St. Thomas has great snorkeling. You can also do an excursion to St. John when your ship is in St. Thomas. We went with Captain Nautica. We snorkeled off the coast of one of the little uninhabited islands and also at Honeymoon Beach. It was great. We also snorkeled when we did the kayaking excursion to the mangrove lagoon. That was also fun and a worthwhile learning experience.

Our snorkeling experience in St. Martin wasn't great. We did the excursion to Pinel Island. The water wasn't really clear and there weren't as many things to see. We're going again next week. I'm trying to decide between a day at Divi Little Bay Beach or Le Galion Beach. We'll be bringing our own equipment and really just want a relaxing time to snorkel a bit and rent a kayak.

Archived