Booking a cruise onboard

I will be cruising on the Voyager next week and have decided to book another cruise with RCI for later in the year.Does anyone know if there are any incentives to booking a cruise whilst on a cruise? Or would it be better to wait for a special to come up.Thankyou.

Regards Elaine.

I will be cruising on the Voyager next week and have decided to book another cruise with RCI for later in the year.Does anyone know if there are any incentives to booking a cruise whilst on a cruise? Or would it be better to wait for a special to come up.Thankyou.

Regards Elaine.

if you have a cruise picked out do a dummy booking and see what the price is and get a quote off your TA and once onboard see the cruise rep and see what they can offer in the way of OBC

I'd expect you will get an OBC if you book onboard. We usually do; then transfer it to a travel agent (if you wish) and if the price comes down we are able to cancel / rebook etc.

So can't lose really.

They used to hold the room and you paid the deposit within 7 days (ie back when you are on land) but last month when we were onboard, they took the deposit off our credit card there and then. It was in Australian dollars to; which was nice.

Yes, you can get an OBC that varies depending on length of cruise. The deposit is also less than at other times.

Aside from the reduced deposit, and you still have to pay the same in the end anyway, the OBC is very similar to that of their Wow sales. So if you're ready to book now, it doesn't hurt to book onboard, but it won't make a huge difference from buying at other times.

When I was on the Voyager in Nov I didn't book a cruise, but I did buy a future cruise letter.

It cost $100 and covers the deposit for me when I book my next cruise. I then only have to pay $100 for DH to cover his deposit. The letter never expires also.

Deidre.

When I was on the Voyager in Nov I didn't book a cruise, but I did buy a future cruise letter.

It cost $100 and covers the deposit for me when I book my next cruise. I then only have to pay $100 for DH to cover his deposit. The letter never expires also.

Deidre.

how come if you only buy one FCC that your husband only has to pay $100 deposit for his cruise, cant you buy 1 each and his deposit is paid and do you get any OBC with the letter....with princess & p&o with the letter once we book a cruise we can cancel out for any reason as long as final payment has not been made

I asked the same question. That's just how they do it. When I bought our Proncess FCC I paid $100 for me and $ 100 for my husband. RCL only require one person to buy the FCC, the when we book I just have to pay the $100 for him.

Deidre.

I asked the same question. That's just how they do it. When I bought our Proncess FCC I paid $100 for me and $ 100 for my husband. RCL only require one person to buy the FCC, the when we book I just have to pay the $100 for him.

Deidre.

with you buying the FCC off RCI and you book with a local TA and just before final payment is to be paid can you both cancel out for any reason and not be charged any cancellation fees

i can understand you to be ok but if your husband not buying a FCC is he covered

The RCL ones are linked to a reservation so getting two would mean two separate reservations.

Yes, that's right.

I just spoke to a rep at RCL. The FCC covers one cabin. I can book a quad and the other 3 people only pay $100 deposit. If I wanted to have two cabins, I would have had to buy 2 FCC's.

Deidre.

Yes, that's right.

I just spoke to a rep at RCL. The FCC covers one cabin. I can book a quad and the other 3 people only pay $100 deposit. If I wanted to have two cabins, I would have had to buy 2 FCC's.

Deidre.

The Future cruise consultant told me the letter will cover up to two cabins (I asked because there are 5 of us).

Archived