Navigator of the Seas in NYC?

E59PY1p0JdkX0Ctn2I live in New York near the Manhattan Cruise Ship Terminal. I was quite surprised to see a Royal Caribbean ship in port as RCL ships usually dock in Port Liberty, NJ.

I looked on the map and discovered it's the Navigator of the Seas. Anyone have an idea why the Navigator is up here in NYC? I thought it was based in Florida with Caribbean itineraries.

Navigator_of_the_Seas.jpg.8ec23604ccae7a448c3484a6a0e2a8bf.jpg

I believe she’s stopping there after making the Atlantic crossing on the TA from Southampton before heading down to FL.

Edit: just looked it up, Boston was her first stop in the US after the crossing, then NYC, then heading to Port Canaveral before reaching her winter home port of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I believe she’s stopping there after making the Atlantic crossing on the TA from Southampton before heading down to FL.

Edit: just looked it up, Boston was her first stop in the US after the crossing, then NYC, then heading to Port Canaveral before reaching her winter home port of Miami.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This. Left Southampton Nov. 6. Boston, NYC, Canaveral then Miami for the winter. I’m on her next month. Counting days . . .