Possible to do Radical Rides Adventure AND Dolphin swim?

lnacstan

We will be in Tortola from 7am-3pm in December (on the NCL Escape). We're trying to juggle multiple family members interests when choosing our activities for the day. We would love to do NCL's Radical Rides Adventure excursion, which is supposed to be 3 hours in duration, picking us up at the pier at 8am, and then also do the Dolphin Royal Swim (through Shore Excursion Group) in the afternoon. The dolphin swim is from noon to 1pm, but we have to be there 30 minutes early and it says it is a short (5-10 minute) taxi ride away.

We've never been to Tortola and are wondering if this is doable. Are taxis readily available? Can we rely on the NCL excursion to end around 11am, giving us 30 minutes to get to the dolphin swim?

I'm guessing you haven't seen the photos out of the BVI and USVI and the destruction that Irma left behind. Go to this link and take a look.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-k4smBk/

Chances are you may not even go there at all. They don't have the infrastructure, personnel, or resources to rebuild quickly.

I have also seen an aerial photo of the dolphin discovery area on Tortola (not in the link though) and it no longer exists for all intents and purposes.

You're not an idiot by any means, the media hasn't particularly had much to say about the virgin islands, be they US or British. The USVI will recover more quickly I believe but there's more storms heading toward this area. Hopefully they will miss.