Select dining

Bdsar2

Sorry, I can't comment on the Solstice. But on a very recent Constellation sailing, Select Dining had been moved downstairs to the lower MDR level. Early and Late seating went to the upper level.

I can tell you that our Select Dining experience on the lower level was very unpleasant indeed. The large section of space removed and handed over for Luminae guests certainly tells the tale. Too many diners ... too little space. Tables were noticeably jammed together. Servers were challenged by reduced ability to negotiate around most of the tables. Tables for 2? In many cases, an inch or two from the next table. No different that a group seating.

Line ups were the worst I'd even seen on a Celebrity ship. The room was noisy and hectic; ambience was certainly compromised. But even though the dinner menu options were good, we chose to dine almost half the sailing in the buffet. The relaxed quiet was more desirable than the crowded MDR.

I certainly hope that your Select Dining experience is better. Have to say though, every other aspect of the sailing was top notch. So, despite this dinner issue, we still enjoyed a great cruise!

Is select dining on the Solstice on the mainfloor or the upper floor in the Grand Epernay Restaurant? I remember on the Summit and Silhouette select dining was on the upper floor.

When we disembarked Solstice near the end of October, select dining was both sides of the upper level of the Grand Epernay restaurant.