Galveston Park N Cruise

canuckcruiselover

We just used Galveston Park N Cruise on our cruise 11/11/11. There is no shuttle. We rode with our friends and dropped off our luggage at the pier, then we just sat and waited while our friend drove right across the street and dropped off the car. He was back in about 5 minutes, literally! It was very convenient. Same thing when we returned...he walked directly across the street, picked up the car and came back for us! Also, they do have covered parking. It's actually an old warehouse and you just drive in and park. So, it's not covered by a tarp, it is in a garage!

Still, there are no sidewalks and lots of traffic including buses and 18 wheelers; to each his own.

LOL - You make it sound like I have to run across a 5 lane highway dodging 85mph traffic.

There are crosswalks at the stoplights. To each his own indeed.

Look it up on google maps in satellite view. It is directly across the street from the entrance to the cruise terminal. The walkway for the terminal workers is directly overhead. They will give you a golf cart ride to the corner and there is a crosswalk across the street, and across the shuttle lanes to the front door. It is super easy, and I don't think that intersection is dangerous.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

You will need to take their shuttle as there are no sidewalks and you would have to walk along a major thoroughfare that is extremely busy with the arrival of the ships.

There is no walking along Harborside. You walk or take a golf cart down New Strand, which is blocked off from any traffic except those parking there. There is a sidewalk on 25th to the crosswalk.

Drove Harborside 3 times yesterday and the gate at 25th and Haborside was closed to all traffic. There is a crosswalk, but no exit through gates. Ingress and egress at the port is at 23rd and 29th sts at Harborside. Strand is never closed except during special events - Dickens on the Strand, Mardi Gras and Lone Star bike rally.

The lights were set to flashing red, not cycling to completely stop alll traffic.

Drove Harborside 3 times yesterday and the gate at 25th and Haborside was closed to all traffic. There is a crosswalk, but no exit through gates. Ingress and egress at the port is at 23rd and 29th sts at Harborside. Strand is never closed except during special events - Dickens on the Strand, Mardi Gras and Lone Star bike rally.

The lights were set to flashing red, not cycling to completely stop alll traffic.

I said New Strand, which is not much more than an alley through the parking lots and garages. There was no gate either. Do you work for EZ Park n Cruise? You seem to be purposely giving out misleading information.

I said New Strand, which is not much more than an alley through the parking lots and garages. There was no gate either. Do you work for EZ Park n Cruise? You seem to be purposely giving out misleading information.

Not giving out misleading info. OP are asking about walking and the gate at 25th at Harborside is closed. The entrance to where you are speaking is off 28th st. one block south of Haborside and it is an alley.

• 2 weeks later...
Is it worth it to pay another $15 to park in the warehouse garage?

I think it just made me feel better knowing my car was locked in a building. Plus, every time I park in an open lot, my car has a nice layer of dirt covering the windshield. :)

Archived