Access to online excursion and dining booking for Veranda

algaes

Contrary to Viking Oceans website, new My Trip FAQs mentions shifted access priorities windows and veranda passengers will now be able to book 60 days prior. On website, it was indicated they would have no prior bookings and that was a sore point for many CC posters this fall and winter.

They messed up a room category label: Penthouse Veranda Suites should be Penthouse Junior Suites.

When can I book shore excursions and my dining?

Your My Viking Journey account gives you all the tools necessary to tailor and personalize your complete cruise experience. You have full access to browse all shore excursions and dining options from the moment you open your account. Booking opens for each based on your stateroom grade-see below. We will alert you when it's your time to book.

Explorer Suites and Penthouse Veranda Suites--90 days from sail date

Penthouse Verandas--80 days from sail date

Deluxe Verandas--70 days from sail date

Verandas--60 days from sail date

Contrary to Viking Oceans website, new My Trip FAQs mentions shifted access priorities windows and veranda passengers will now be able to book 60 days prior. On website, it was indicated they would have no prior bookings and that was a sore point for many CC posters this fall and winter.

They messed up a room category label: Penthouse Veranda Suites should be Penthouse Junior Suites.

When can I book shore excursions and my dining?

Your My Viking Journey account gives you all the tools necessary to tailor and personalize your complete cruise experience. You have full access to browse all shore excursions and dining options from the moment you open your account. Booking opens for each based on your stateroom grade-see below. We will alert you when it's your time to book.

Explorer Suites and Penthouse Veranda Suites--90 days from sail date

Penthouse Verandas--80 days from sail date

Deluxe Verandas--70 days from sail date

Verandas--60 days from sail date

It may say this in the FAQs, but MyVikingJourney has the previously stated window for reservations.

Is anybody else seeing the previous window? Or these new windows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

It may say this in the FAQs, but MyVikingJourney has the previously stated window for reservations.

Is anybody else seeing the previous window? Or these new windows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Oh, thanks for posting this. I went on MyVikingJourney and found that the original 60 day booking window for deluxe veranda is there for me. (I'm not on the maiden voyage, though.)

Great new website. Love the little maps they've posted in the excursion section as they show the port in relation to the rest of the city, which is helpful. They're also concise yet clear, which is one thing I often find lacking in maps! You get to the maps by selecting "learn more" when it says you have "X" number of days before you can book excursions. I notice they have changed a few of the arrival times for our cruise, but only to arrive an hour or so earlier into port. Of course, that may just be the port arrival time, and not necessarily the time we are allowed off the ship, since tie up, clearance by the authorities (if any) and stuff like that can delay departure a bit. Also, for tender ports, tendering to a dock can take a little bit of time as well.

The way I'm taking this, they moved us up to 70 days (from 60) in DV for the excursions, because the V's will be able to book excursions online now, which they didn't used to be able to.

But the MyViking shows me I am still booking dining reservations at 60 days, which is confusing. I presume that's because the V people don't GET those reservations guaranteed like we do in DV and up...

The way I'm taking this, they moved us up to 70 days (from 60) in DV for the excursions, because the V's will be able to book excursions online now, which they didn't used to be able to.

But the MyViking shows me I am still booking dining reservations at 60 days, which is confusing. I presume that's because the V people don't GET those reservations guaranteed like we do in DV and up...

Silly me. I didn't even realize until now that the shore X and dinner reservation windows were different. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm glad they programmed the website to keep track! I still don't know what my opening dates are, but at least I know I have 173 days before one rolls around!