PG excursions

ultrarunner

Just went to book some excursions and discovered I had to pay at time of booking. Annoying as I was hoping to use my shipboard credit for these. There isn't much on board ship I want to buy. I don't remember prepaying on other Regent cruises. Is this new or is my mind failing?

Just went to book some excursions and discovered I had to pay at time of booking. Annoying as I was hoping to use my shipboard credit for these. There isn't much on board ship I want to buy. I don't remember prepaying on other Regent cruises. Is this new or is my mind failing?

Can you simply book the excursion while onboard?

Host Dan

Yes, this is new, and there was a great deal of discussion of it some months back.

Some folks have reported that they have booked and paid, then cancelled onboard and had their credit cards credited with the refund, then immediately rebooked (on the spot.)

There's always the spa, and dry cleaning! Apparently they do keep some spaces back so that you can book onboard.

Wendy and others, I was not aware of this change in policy! Too bad! I'm wondering if that is true for all excursions? Taking the card number and charging your account immediately! What a bummer.....

Silversea definitely does NOT do that - you prebook online prior to the cruise, and your shipboard account is not charged until the deadline for registering for the excursion - perhaps a few days before the activity. This is NOT a good trend!

Glenda:mad::mad:

We were able to get on all the excursions that we wanted by booking first thing when we got on board. However, we were disappointed to have the one we looked forward to the most (Photography) cancelled because of rain on Mooera. I believe the bus tours (less strenuous for the older folks) tend to fill first.

Archived