Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<font size="3" color=red>Over 1 year</font> into my LMBO cruise

• 3 weeks later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gillianrose:

Celebrity passes CDC ship inspections.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

See my response on this thread. It's simply ridiculous to dismiss an entire cruise line because one ship failed one inspection by ONE POINT. Celebrity ships have gotten 86 on inspections on several occasions; that's a passing score but it's only one point away from LIRICA's 85.

Doug Newman

Cruise Critic Message Boards Host

e-mail: shiploverny AT yahoo DOT com

Depends whether you yourself want a ship in the main full of Americans, and everything Americanised, or a ship full of various Nationalities and non-Americanised. Only you can decide/know that.

Some people do not like one or the other, some people like both. It's comparing apples to oranges, entirely different products.

Pam

OCNGYPZ said:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> One flower in a walk-in refrigerator containing food... will flunk a ship. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean that you could have a perfect score of 100 and then a flower in your fridge will drop you to a flunking score, or do you mean that you could be just above passing and the flower could then flunk you?

It's a huge difference.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by gillianrose:

Do you mean that you could have a perfect score of 100 and then a flower in your fridge will drop you to a flunking score, or do you mean that you could be just above passing and the flower could then flunk you?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I doubt that the one flower alone would fail a ship but it could come close. It counts as storing food and non-food items together, which is one of the biggest possible violations. I have never seen a ship fail on one point but that doesn't mean it's never happened... I have read dozens of these reports but that still leaves me not having read a vast majority of them!

Regardless the point here is that these are extremely difficult inspections and even if they weren't it is ridiculous to write off MSC simply because one ship failed one inspection by one point. As I said EVERY major cruise line except Celebrity has had ships that have failed inspections and most of them by a lot more than one point. And Celebrity has had ships that have scored an 86 or 87 which, let's face it, is not really very different from an 85 is it?

Doug Newman

Cruise Critic Message Boards Host

e-mail: shiploverny AT yahoo DOT com

Archived