Any of my lovely CC friends ever done a Baltic/Scandanavian cruise?

Hi guys! Hope everyone is well...Eric and i booked Brilliance of the Seas for May next year out of Southampton. We got Belgium, Copenhagen, St Petersberg, Estonia, Finland and Stockholm and somewhere else in Sweden (mental blank) Would love to hear from anyone else thats done a similar cruise...tips etc.... :)

Hi guys! Hope everyone is well...Eric and i booked Brilliance of the Seas for May next year out of Southampton. We got Belgium, Copenhagen, St Petersberg, Estonia, Finland and Stockholm and somewhere else in Sweden (mental blank) Would love to hear from anyone else thats done a similar cruise...tips etc.... :)

My partner and I sailed on Norwegian Sun out of Dover in 2010. Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Talinn, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Stockholm. It was a great cruise.

Too much info to detail here but if you hit the travelpod link in my signature and then select the 'Cor Blimey' UK holiday, the cruise is included in the blog. Lots of pics and details of what we did. It was part of a 30 odd day UK holiday.

We loved the UK so much we're off again on Sunday for five weeks. No cruise this time though.

Peter

My partner and I sailed on Norwegian Sun out of Dover in 2010. Copenhagen, Warnemunde, Talinn, Helsinki, St Petersburg, Stockholm. It was a great cruise.

Too much info to detail here but if you hit the travelpod link in my signature and then select the 'Cor Blimey' UK holiday, the cruise is included in the blog. Lots of pics and details of what we did. It was part of a 30 odd day UK holiday.

We loved the UK so much we're off again on Sunday for five weeks. No cruise this time though.

Peter

Thanks Peter. Look forward to a good read. We are quite excited as we have never really considered that part of the world. Will sit down tonight with a glass of wine and have a good read of your blog. Have a great upcoming holiday!

Get a private guide for St. Petersburg. We used Red October for two days. Absolutely great guide service and nothing like having a local guide who made stops that our ships' tours couldn't do. No hassel with passports, Red October took care of all of that for us.

RonC

Get a private guide for St. Petersburg. We used Red October for two days. Absolutely great guide service and nothing like having a local guide who made stops that our ships' tours couldn't do. No hassel with passports, Red October took care of all of that for us.

RonC

Thanks Ron...thats amazing advice, I will look it that right now actually :)

Hi Guys,

We are doing a 12 day Baltic/ Scandanavia cruise from Amsterdam in May. Sounds like a similar itinerary to yours.

We have already booked the St Petersberg tours . But not our flights or accommodation. (still juggling with dates)

We did 14 nights on Queen Victoria in May this year - had a GREAT time, even though weather was poor. (cold, wet windy)

Things of note and most memorable for us -

Oslo, Vigeland sculptures and the Viking ship museum Vigeland Park is a MUST SEE!!

Copenhagen - everywhere, walk your legs off - although the Tivoli was a bit of a disappointment ( I think you would need to go there for a whole day)

Stockholm - Vasa museum and the entire Stockholm waterfront Of all the ports, Stockholm was the biggest surprise. I did not understand the extent of the Swedish Empire around the 17th Century which created this fabulous city. It sort of reminded me of Vienna - beautiful cities with obvious past great wealth , but now part of only small countries.

Helsinki - food in the old market and in the central square

St Petersburg -- EVERYTHING!!! MINDBLOWING!!! We did a hectic 2 day tour with TJ tours - we highly recommend them. The next time an Aussie tells me that they don't want to travel overseas because "we have everything here in Australia!", I will refer them to this

Tallin - a GREAT place to walk your legs off - unique! It can get very busy - as many ferries bring many daytrippers, plus the cruiseships.

Zeebrugge - we actually had two visits to this port - and caught the train to Bruges on the first day and Ghent on the second -- BOTH are splendid. Bruges (Brugge) is VERY "touristy" while Ghent is a "real" place. I think I preferred Ghent - but only because I don't like crowds of tourists

I did actually take some photos of this cruise

but they are not as good as others available on the Interent.

Barry

We did 14 nights on Queen Victoria in May this year - had a GREAT time, even though weather was poor. (cold, wet windy)

Things of note and most memorable for us -

Oslo, Vigeland sculptures and the Viking ship museum Vigeland Park is a MUST SEE!!

Copenhagen - everywhere, walk your legs off - although the Tivoli was a bit of a disappointment ( I think you would need to go there for a whole day)

Stockholm - Vasa museum and the entire Stockholm waterfront Of all the ports, Stockholm was the biggest surprise. I did not understand the extent of the Swedish Empire around the 17th Century which created this fabulous city. It sort of reminded me of Vienna - beautiful cities with obvious past great wealth , but now part of only small countries.

Helsinki - food in the old market and in the central square

St Petersburg -- EVERYTHING!!! MINDBLOWING!!! We did a hectic 2 day tour with TJ tours - we highly recommend them. The next time an Aussie tells me that they don't want to travel overseas because "we have everything here in Australia!", I will refer them to this

Tallin - a GREAT place to walk your legs off - unique! It can get very busy - as many ferries bring many daytrippers, plus the cruiseships.

Zeebrugge - we actually had two visits to this port - and caught the train to Bruges on the first day and Ghent on the second -- BOTH are splendid. Bruges (Brugge) is VERY "touristy" while Ghent is a "real" place. I think I preferred Ghent - but only because I don't like crowds of tourists

I did actually take some photos of this cruise

but they are not as good as others available on the Interent.

Barry

Thanks Barry, thats a wealth of information. Regrettably we are not going to Norway, but all the other places you have mentioned are on the list... I sure have to get cracking a get lots of info so i can do my research...

Thanks Pete too! :)

Archived