Seltjarnarneslaug or vesturbæjarlaug or sundhöllin pools?

Hi

For various reasons, we will not be able to go to the Blue Lagoon in Reykjavik.

Has anyone been to these thermal pools: Seltjarnarneslaug or vesturbæjarlaug or sundhöllin pools? Which would you recommend for a brief "locals" experience?

Edited by artistcleveland
heading didn't show

Things change (esp Reykjavik), but in Oct, 2015, we took several trips to Sundhöllin as it was walking distance from our apt near Tjörin Pond. It was very nice. The pool is huge and often being used by students. There are lap lanes as we as "lounge" lanes. The hot and hotter tubs are outside (which was quite cool but great) in October. We met more people in the hot tubs than the pool. You can rent towels (we brought our own), there are lockers, and soap dispensers for the detailed (there's a picture to show you exactly what is necessary) washing instructions. There was a hair dryer or two. For us, the best part was 70 and older are free. I can't speak to the others, but we enjoyed visiting.

FWIW, we were there more than a month and never bothered with the Blue Lagoon.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I’m sure he could go with you to a point. However, unless something has changed, there is no lounge area except at the lobby-type entrance (a few chairs as I recall). As extreme cleanliness is required (for health protection) to enter the pool area, he may not be allowed past the locker/shower area if he doesn’t shower. I don’t remember if there were any chairs in the pool area. There were no chairs outside at the hot tubs. These are public pools not tourists sites. If there is a mobility issue, there may be protocols in place. I don’t know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk