How long is the wait in PPT to transfer to Ocean Princess-and other arrival ??

MichCook

We are arriving in PPT on ATN at 6:20 a.m. (our own booking, not Princess EZ Air) and have purchased the round-trip Princess transfers between ship/pier.

Does anybody know what time the first shuttle heads to the ship?

Does Princess have a secure area to store luggage so we can explore Papeete for a bit, if early boarding isn't possible?

If you've done this cruise before, what is the earliest you've been able to board the ship?

How close is the pier to Papeete?

We've flown in early on our own and Princess has always had transportation to meet us when our plane landed, that includes Papeete. We've done this trip twice (and are heading back again next year), but we've always come in a day (or so) early and stayed at the Sheraton. We were shuttled to the ship around noon.

Usually boarding starts around that time, but there is an area to drop off your luggage. The pier is literally in the center of town, easy access to everything. The market is across the street as are many stores. The problem will be many don't open until ten. You could probably find a restaurant to pass the time, or check into the visitor's center (also in front of where the ship docks).

Hope this helps a little

Thanks for the info Spikes girl. Wow, back for a third time! Good for you!!!! :D

Unfortunately, we are arriving the morning of the first day of the cruise (which, as you know, is an overnight in Papeete). From what I've gathered, we'll have plenty of time in Papeete at the beginning and end of the cruise.

Because we aren't doing a pre- or post-cruise stay our situation is a bit different, so I decided to call Princess.

They said that the earliest transfers from the airport to the ship is around 10 a.m.

I asked if we decided to take a cab, instead of using the transfer, would there be a secure place at the pier where we can leave our luggage and the answer was no.

And there would be nobody at the pier to check us in until around noon. But, I was thinking, we've always been able to check in earlier on all prior cruises...so she may have been doing her job and stating the standard script.

So, if anyone else out there has flown in early morning of the 1st day of the cruise and can share their experience/tips about getting to the ship and what you did to pass the time, what you did with your luggage, before boarding is allowed, we'd greatly appreciate it. :D

Guess we can take a cab with our luggage and have a leisurely breakfast.

Thanks, again, Spikesgirl!

Wow, that seems... odd to me, but perhaps things have changed in the time between our last trip and now.

Sadly, you look to be on the cruise just before ours or I would ahve scoped it out for you. Make sure you negotiate a price before you leave the airport. Not all the taxis are on the up and up! It should cost at least $20 to get you to the pier(again that is based on 2008 prices).

Sorry I can't provide more updated info, just know that all the hassles are worth it - this is a fabulous cruise!!!

Archived