"New" Drink Packages

belcherwm

I was going through the MSC web site and saw something new under http://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/. There is an additional selection called Special Services Summer-09 Winter-09/10 Form.

They have some new drink packages listed:

Drink Packages in Restaurant and Self-Service Buffet* Daily Consumption

BOTTLED WINE, MINERAL WATER, BEER, SOFT DRINKS

Selection between the following wines: White d.o.c. Trebiano,

Verduzzo Veneto; Red d.o.c. Montepulciano, Cabernet Veneto

unlimited quantity at main meals $16.00 per person per day

Soft Drinks & Mineral Water

unlimited quantity at main meals $8.10 per person per day

*Packages are for guests booked as individuals (vs. group travel) and must be puchased by all guests traveling in same stateroom.

I was going through the MSC web site and saw something new under http://www.msccruisesgetforms.com/. There is an additional selection called Special Services Summer-09 Winter-09/10 Form.

They have some new drink packages listed:

Drink Packages in Restaurant and Self-Service Buffet* Daily Consumption

BOTTLED WINE, MINERAL WATER, BEER, SOFT DRINKS

Selection between the following wines: White d.o.c. Trebiano,

Verduzzo Veneto; Red d.o.c. Montepulciano, Cabernet Veneto

unlimited quantity at main meals $16.00 per person per day

Soft Drinks & Mineral Water

unlimited quantity at main meals $8.10 per person per day

Packages are for guests booked as individuals (vs. group travel) and must be puchased by all guests traveling in same stateroom.

Hi,

Do you know if we need to purchase drink packages prior to leaving or can it be done on board? I thought you could just do it on board, but I read some conflicting things.

THANKS!

Hi,

Do you know if we need to purchase drink packages prior to leaving or can it be done on board? I thought you could just do it on board, but I read some conflicting things.

THANKS!

The "Special Services Request Form" states : Please note: all special services must be requested seven days in advance of the sailing date.

Just fill it out and fax it to the number provided at the bottom of the form.

Hope this helps.

Happy Cruising!!!:):)

This looks similar to the X1 package on Costa Cruise Lines. On Costa it must be purchased 14 days in advance. At the pool bar near the buffet we were able to get drinks till 3pm.

On Costa we thought it was a great deal! We hoped that other cruise lines would follow suit.

Thanks for this info! From your experiences on Costa what time were you able to start consuming the beverages? Could you get drinks at the bar near the self serve buffet in the evening once you leave the dining room? Do you get a card or something indicating you purchased this package?

Thanks for this info! From your experiences on Costa what time were you able to start consuming the beverages? Could you get drinks at the bar near the self serve buffet in the evening once you leave the dining room? Do you get a card or something indicating you purchased this package?

From our Costa experience the X1 status was marked on your room key 'sign and sail' card so nothing extra to worry about.

No we were not able to get drinks after dinner.

It was still a very good deal.

From our Costa experience the X1 status was marked on your room key 'sign and sail' card so nothing extra to worry about.

No we were not able to get drinks after dinner.

It was still a very good deal.

What she said.

I found it very easy to have a long lunch and get beer most of the afternoon from the bar next to the buffet. At night, after dinner, I would take a glass of wine or beer with me to transition me to the rest of the evening's activities. I don't think we abused it, but we definitely stretched the boundaries. Yes, a very good deal.

Hi belcherwm,

Do you think this package applies to our cruise? Debbie-Agentgirl didn't think so. It says Med 2009 Winter 09-10... do you know what Med 2009 is?

Just called MSC. Very pleasant woman. She assures me that the Special Services Packages on this form are available now. And though the form says they must be submitted at least 7 days out she said that 5 days would be sufficient.

Hi belcherwm,

Do you think this package applies to our cruise? Debbie-Agentgirl didn't think so. It says Med 2009 Winter 09-10... do you know what Med 2009 is?

Med 2009 means cruises in the Mediterranean Se in 2009 season and that is great news, because I've just been reading this thread and thinking bet this will only apply to Caribbean sailings and wont be available in Europe. So I'm now off to check out the UK site for info

Packages are for guests booked as individuals (vs. group travel) and must be puchased by all guests traveling in same stateroom.

What if you are with your kids??

The Kids can drink the Soda or Sparkling Water. Adults get to have it all.

Happy Cruising!!!:):)

What if you are with your kids??

No idea how it will work on MSC however on Costa you do not have to buy it for your kids. But, then they shouldn't be drinking your soda either. Or, pay for them too. There have been reports on the Costa boards that those living in England are made to purchase for kids too. Costa US is ok with adults only.

There are many, many posts on the Costa boards regarding the X1. There are many stories of abuse too. One person buying it and serving wine to all their friends. The idea is that it is per person. If people abuse they will stop offering this great program.

Just contacted MSC The Netherlands and they told me that winepackages etc. could be purachased onboard as well.

Before going on the trip I contacted MSC if I'll be able to buy bottle beer package on the ship. I was assured that yes, and they confirmed that with manager. On the ship nobody was selling it - reception was sending me to the bar, bar was sending me to reception. Just keep that in mind and if package is important to you, buy it before.

Before going on the trip I contacted MSC if I'll be able to buy bottle beer package on the ship. I was assured that yes, and they confirmed that with manager. On the ship nobody was selling it - reception was sending me to the bar, bar was sending me to reception. Just keep that in mind and if package is important to you, buy it before.

I was told the same thing when I called MSC however I had a nagging feeling that I should just book it in advance. Glad I did.

Very good deal!

I got a message from my TA, in Europe the package costs 13€uro/person/day.

She can book it now, i asked the brands off beer and wine which are included and what is "mealtimes".

No answer yet.....Anybody knows this already?

thanks

Just confirmed that the package has been added to our booking for the Orchestra this coming weekend. Will let you know how it works out when we get back.

Mealtimes are awfully long as this is good at the bars by the buffet as well as in the dining rooms.

We just returned from two weeks aboard the Orchestra. I had the X1 package on Costa last year (my wife didn't) and it worked out OK. But it was $14/day, and she didn't have to get it. They would bring me a bottle (or three) of wine to my table every night, and we would drink. At our table of 8 on Costa, three of us had the X1 package, although just me having it was enough to order wine for everyone. The servers simply didn't care. Maybe that's changed. Regardless, my point (relating to MSC) is this:

On MSC, my wife and I ordered a package of 7 bottles of California wine for $105. They gave me a booklet of 7 wine tickets that we used throughout our 14-day cruise. We drank about 1/2 a bottle of wine with every dinner, and our server would bring out our unconsumed 1/2 bottle the next night if we didn't finish off the bottle the night before. The wine was good (incidentally you can order a carafe of wine with your meal, white or red, for $8. We did that the first night, but the wine sucked, so then we ordered the package). The bottom line is this, we paid with the package about $15 per bottle, so paid $7.50 per day, for the two of us, and we couldn't have drank more than those two glasses of wine with dinner. I also purchased a package of 14 7-ounce glasses of beer to drink by the pool every day, for $30. They always offered a bucket of 4 bottles of beer for $12, and on our second week they offered buckets of 4 bottles of Miller Lite for $10. The all-you-can-drink package now offered (mealtimes only) costs at least $32/day per couple. Hmmm...I'd think hard if it's actually worth it !! ...it doesn't include any of those cocktails or after-dinner drinks, and it's already over $200 per couple per week!!!!!

I have just booked some wine packages via the MSC UK offices.

£25 for 14 beers

£82 for 7 bottles of wine and 7 bottles sparkling water

You could also order the Drinkas muck as you like wine/beer/water and soft drink package for £ 98 and the softdrink/water package for £ 49

These are available at mealtimes.

They were very helpful!!

Hope this helps!!

hI, i booked the package tosay and this is what my TA told me:

White wine : Trebiano, Verduzzo Veneto

Red wine : Montepulciano en Cabarnet Veneto

Beers she could not get any brands.

Also included water and softdrinks at mealtimes.

We pay 13.00 €uro /day/person

News to me, JUst got off the Lirica today (4/03), & was on the Orchestra in Jan., never saw that offer. The wine deal is great, 7 bottles for $105, or 10 for $155 with a nice selection to choose from(some comments said only a selection of six, bot true, you get a very large choice). I purchased the cocktrail plan for $69 & not a good deal if you drink straight up. The Lirica baartender only gives you a thimble of liquor, but the mxed drinks were good. On the Orchestra they were more generous, so take your own if you drink straight. It was a great cruise & I love this line, you can`t find a ship on any of this line that is not immaculate or having the best entertainment anywhere. The food has been controversial, but being Italian, I was very pleased. The Orchestra is one of the most beautiful ships afloat, & the maestro`s from Italy performing the Opera & concerts outstanding, definitely better than the Lirica.

Archived