Pre Cruise Hotel in Venice

The Sofitel Venezia is my favorite. It is in walking distance from the dock. Also The Santa Chiara and the Hotel Antique Figure are nice and very close to the dock. I like staying Piazzle Roma area because the train station is there and the bus to the airport is handy too. It is quiet in this area, compared to St. Marks and it is fun to walk to St. Mark's Square and then take the water taxi back.

Have a wonderful time in Venice.

I stayed at the Hotel Abbazia for five nights before my cruise in early October. It was very near the train station. The standard room was small, great bathroom and the place was abosolutely spotless. Wonderful breakfast and the staff was so friendly and helpful. Lovely lounge area with reasonable drinks. They had a great setup for getting you to the port. I could not have been happier with the place. Princess had an overnight in Venice. Rather than get there at 1:00pm as I could have, I stored my luggage at the hotel and spent the day siteseeing and got on the ship at dinner time. There was no one checking in at that time, so it took all of about five minutes. Had an absolutely wonderful time in Venice and so glad I planned on being there for the days before the cruise.

I haven't stayed here yet, but I do have it booked for Oct '08. I have been searching for a hotel in Venice (even Mestre) for less than $200, but that soon became evident it wasn't going to happen. Another poster recommended this hotel, and it is right in Piazzale Roma so for the convenience of shuttle to pier and bus to airport, decided if I was going to have to pay $250 anyway, I'd opt for the transport convenience.

http://www.cadoge.it/

Looks and sounds like a pretty nice place. I have twin beds reserved, so not sure what the room will look like as their pics all show just double beds, but the rooms look pretty good size compared to other hotels, and the reviews on Tripadvisor are pretty good too.

Have a great trip!

We stayed at Santa Chiara last July before our cruise,and loved it. One of the few hotels that you can actually drive to. Our room was so charming! Of course who can spend much time in the room! I loved Venice! Dot

Archived