Catamaran

immomster

I'm taking my family of 6 to St Thomas the middle of July. I wondered if anyone has any recommendations for catamaran or sail boat excursions? We were thinking of using either captain Max, or Scubadu. Does anyone have any experience with either of these companies?

What cruise line are you on? My wife and I have taken the snorkel trip to Buck Island through RCCL, which seems to be the same as the one for Carnival. It was enjoyable, but slightly disappointing as my wife thought it was going to be the Buck Island in St. Croix.

I would suggest doing the 6 passenger sailboats offered on the ships.We just returned from a RCCL cruise and I think it lists as "Buck Island sail and snorkle" It goes to Buck Is. off St. Thomas and was the highlight of our cruise. You board 40-50' sailboats and the ride was wonderful. That was as good as the snorkeling itself. We did see turtles and stingrays at Buck Is too. I personally don't like catamarans, especially trying to snorkle with all those people. This way it'll be you and your family on a private boat... Give it a try, I think you won't be disappointed.

Archived