Reserving excursions on internet

sdf89

I found where you can request your excursions on the Radisson web site (first you have to create internet account, and then enter your booking number). When I finished noting which excursions, I clicked "continue", the screen had a general notice that it was a request and not a reservation. When I checked back later under "my cruises", the excursions were not shown.

Is this more like just a fancy fax, and that we will not receive any receipt for the request?

Beware. I was on the Voyager the week of July 30 and the tour desk on board had no reservations for anyone who had faxed in their tour reservations. So if you go this route, check with the tour desk pretty early on after you embark.

• 3 weeks later...

We prebooked via the internet the week prior to our 8/21/04 embarkation on the Paul Gauguin. We do not have a FAX, so it was all done via email. We checked the excursion desk as soon as we boarded and they were printing up our tickets right then. One tour was cancelled when they did not reach a minimum #. They gave us about a 36 hour notice that it might be cancelled, then the night before gave us the final notice that it was cancelled.

I found the same thing for our Diamond Med cruise. I had already faxed in our choices when the website started the email excursion feature. There were a couple excursions missing. I was glad I had used the fax list! The tickets were waiting for us and the system worked well.

Bad news: we sent in our excursions requests via the Radisson web site. When we did not get an email confirmation, our TA called RSSC and was told not to worry, that they were just requests and not always get email confirmation. Well, I don't think that was right, as we found that none of our excursion requests were noted.

Good news: it seemed like that no excursions were full, so we signed up for what we wanted upon embarkation.

Frankly, I would do this if I were you: use the RSSC web site for your reservations as soon as you can. But if you do not get the email reply confirmation, fax the requests with a note saying that you never got confirmation.

Yesterday was the first day we could sign up for excursions on the

11/12/04 Mariner "MINT" cruise.

I went on line picked the ones we wanted.

Finished and received a note that I would receive a confirmation e-mail.

About 10 minutes later I received the confirmation e-mail letting us know that our choices were received.

Archived