Ports from Callao to San Antonio — worthwhile for interesting photos?

Catlover54

Has anyone who is very keen on photography ( Fletcher, perhaps?) been to the ports between Callao and San Antonio shown on this itinerary with SB on the Quest November 19, and if so, did you find interesting and unusual things to shoot? Other than Callao and San Antonio:

Puerto San Martin

Matarani

Arica

Antofagasta

Isla Pan de Azucar

Coquimbo

Last month our ship visited Puerto San Martin and Arica, but not the others you mentioned. I can say Puerto San Martin was a total waste and I should have just stayed on the ship. This opinion was shared by many passengers, as well as the passengers we met from the ms Prinsendam, which was also in Puerto San Martin that day.

Arica, however, has a large hill/mountain called Morro de Arica in the middle of the town, a pleasant but somewhat steep walk from the port gate. Some people booked excursions to the top, but it seemed a waste of money if you can manage an incline for 30 mins each direction up/down.

Arica was a good port stop, in my opinion. A long pedestrianized street up the center of the town with lots of shops and at the top of the street was a large underground supermarket called Santa Isabel. At the bottom of the street was a post office (~$1 stamp to mail a postcard anywhere in the world) and a McDonald's which had free fast wifi. Lots of crew from the ship were in the McDonald's calling loved ones back home over the internet.