Hotel help in Fort Lauderdale

dwing18

Please suggest a few hotels for me. I am getting in Friday night Oct 23 an sailing out the next morning.

I need a hotel that offers airport shuttle, shuttle to ship and nearby shopping such as CVS or Target.

The LaQuinta Hollywood offers the shuttles and is near Kmart. The Hampton Inn Plantation offers the shuttles and is near Target and also will drive you around locally if they are available. Hampton Inn Airport offers the shuttles and is near Big Lots.

I just bid on Priceline (first time using it) and got the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale at 1617 Southest 17th Street for $60+taxes per night for our stay pre-cruise in October.

GREAT PRICE! and the hotel looks lovely and location seems great. No transfers available, but for the price we got, it's worth it to pay for a taxi or shuttle from airport and to the port.

Just thought you might want to consider other options if that's within your pricing.

How far is La Quinta from the port? And the airport? We are currently reserved to stay in Lauderdale by the Sea at a hotel ,just comparing. Is La Quinta by the Ocean

It is not by the Ocean, but is less than 5 miles away. It is 2.5 miles from the airport and 4 miles from the port.

I just bid on Priceline (first time using it) and got the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale at 1617 Southest 17th Street for $60+taxes per night for our stay pre-cruise in October.

GREAT PRICE! and the hotel looks lovely and location seems great. No transfers available, but for the price we got, it's worth it to pay for a taxi or shuttle from airport and to the port.

Just thought you might want to consider other options if that's within your pricing.

What * hotel is Renaisasance?

Has anyone stayed at Holiday Inn Express - Convention Center on 17th? Should we consider this hotel?

Excellent choice. It's a very nice budget hotel in the best location for cruisers to stay. It's a block from the entrance to the port and everything you could want or need is within easy walking distance.

Excellent choice. It's a very nice budget hotel in the best location for cruisers to stay. It's a block from the entrance to the port and everything you could want or need is within easy walking distance.

Is there a shuttle to the port? I imagine even if it's only a block from the port that it might be a hassle trying to walk it with all your luggage.

Is there a shuttle to the port? I imagine even if it's only a block from the port that it might be a hassle trying to walk it with all your luggage.

If you are cruising Princess AND your ship is at the first pier, you can walk it. Otherwise, the port is way too big to walk in, with or without luggage. You can get a cab for around $10.

This is a great price and you can walk out to the front of this hotel and see the guard house for the port and right across the street from the hotel is Walgreens. In the same center as the hotel is Bimini Boat Yard Great place for lunch or dinner had dinner there Sat. They do NOT pick up at airport and a cab will run you about $10. it is less than a 10 min ride to airport you will need to catch a cab to port about $8. there direct number is 954-626-1700. BUT the Hoiday Inn express is across the street from Renaissance, on the same side of the street as the port and about 2 block west of the same walgreens BUT they have a complamentry van to airport 24 hours a day. However you will need to take the port shuddle for $8. to port I don't know if that is for each person; if so a cab may be cheeper. Holiday Inn Express direct # is 954-728-2577. WOULD not stay at LaQuanta to far. We live about 20 min from the port.

Good Luck;)

How far is La Quinta from the port? And the airport? We are currently reserved to stay in Lauderdale by the Sea at a hotel ,just comparing. Is La Quinta by the Ocean

No this hotel is NOT near the port and far from the ocean. See my posting just before this one!

Archived