Labadee OTW cabana's, barefoot vs nellie

bellebud

for our July cruise, I'm wanting to book an OTW cabana. We're in a suite, so I could book on Barefoot Beach. BUT, the OTW cabanas on barefoot beach seem to not have steps right into the water, as I believe the OTW cabana's on Nellies beach do.

Can anyone verify that? While my family would rather the more quiet Barefoot Beach, I'd also love the steps right into the water from the cabana.

We were on Nellie's Beach so all I can give you information on that beach. #9 and #10 are handicap accessible with a ramp that goes onto the beach and then your are just a few feet from the water. #8 and #7 have a set of steps that takes you into the water. The last four cabanas on that side of Nellie's have ladders to enter the water. You can not reserve specific cabanas. They are assigned on a first come first served basis. We were the last group to show up and ended up with #10, the handicap accessible one, even though we did not need it. It was the last cabana assigned that day. The cabanas on the other side of Nellies all have ladders that enter the water, I believe. If you want a specific cabana, someone from your group needs to get off as soon as possible and then head for the cabana assigning guy and request the cabana you want.

One more thing, if you are sailing this July, the cabanas on Nellie's Beach are most likely already reserved. Since you are in a suite, the concierge may be your best bet to land a cabana. He should be able to tell you how you enter the water from the cabanas on Barefoot Beach.