Park Plaza Normandie

cruiselover4us

We stayed there this past April and it was okay.We had a room with a nice view of the ocean, and the park is right out the door by the pool.They have a restaurant that was just okay.But there is not much around that we saw anyway.We did get a sandwich a a little shop on the side street that was good.It was connected to a little store.Sorry I cant be of anymore help.If you take a cab up towards OSJ a couple miles they had a KFC.We saw this on the way to the fort.

We've stayed right next door at the Caribe Hilton twice. There are several restaurants there, including a Mortons of Chicago and a Health Food option.

There's a small grocery/convenience store right at the driveway entrance into the Hilton. A few doors down, on the corner closer to the Normandie, is a local restaurant with good food and sandwiches.

A 15 or 20 minute walk (about a mile, and on level sidewalks) will get you to the Condado area and all sorts of restaurants and fast food places.

I felt comfortable out in the early evening, but was back before it really got dark. I'd ask at the hotel (they would know best the current situation) but I personally would probably walk over there but catch a taxi back.

That said, we were out late night in Old San Juan, and the streets were so crowded we felt extremely safe.

Archived