Anyone ever stay onboard the Queen Mary?

bobbyd6363

• 2 weeks later...

Stayed aboard several years ago and loved it. We ate dinner in the "Churchill " Dining room and it was fabulous. Its fun walking the decks and taking the tour. She is a beautiful piece of cruising history in the grand style. You'll enjoy it if you stay there.

I live in Southern California and have toured onboard, had several meals and went to meetings but have not stayed in their hotel rooms.

However, that will all change. I have booked a room/cabin the night prior to my cruise on the Paradise.

The best price I found was by calling the hotel reservations directly. If you tell them that you are going on CCL you will get a better rate then any website including their own.

We got a Deluxe category room for less then there lower category stateroom listed on their website.

For my April/05 cruise there were 2 websites that quoted $10 less but they were "Run of the House" or "Standard" rooms and I definitely wanted a room in the original first class section with portholes.

Steve Hayes

Hey there! Has anyone ever stayed aboard the Queen Mary prior to sailing out of Lng Beach or San Pedro? Any pictures, comments etc?

Thanks

SHayesShip - thanks for the info!! Hey do you know if the deluxe room is the best room available? Also what dining room would you recommend for dinner? We are staying on the Queen Mary the night before our Island Princess cruise to Hawaii next October 05!!:)

Hotel categories are in descending order - DELUXE, FIRST CLASS and TOURIST. Of course they also have suites. When you book I recommend that you request a cabin facing the bay, otherwise you will be facing the parking lot.

By far the best dining onboard is Sir Winston's. It is semi-formal dress that has excellent continental cuisine with a California flair. If I remember correctly they are open until 10 PM. There is an alternative restaurant onboard that I have not eaten at.

FYI- Their website is http://www.queenmary.com. Have fun.

Steve Hayes

SHayesShip - thanks for the info!! Hey do you know if the deluxe room is the best room available? Also what dining room would you recommend for dinner? We are staying on the Queen Mary the night before our Island Princess cruise to Hawaii next October 05!!:)

Archived