Gas prices in Vancouver

dosi

Could someone give me a general idea of the price of gasoline in Vancouver these days. We are renting a car in Seattle and driving to Vancouver. I don't usually prepay my gas when I rent the car but I am thinking I might come out ahead or at least even in this instance. Thanks!!! :o

Gas Prices jump around almost daily here in Vancouver - they have been edging downward recently

Here's a link to a web site that might help you follow the prices:

http://www.vancouvergasprices.com/index.asp

Hope this helps and good evening

Dennis

Dennis that is a great website. Boy prices must really jump around if you all need a website to keep track of them. Right now it seems to be about 50 cents higher than what we pay here in Cali and I think in Washington it is cheaper. Now I have an easy way to keep track. Thank you for the info. :)

If gas stays the way it is then I will definitely prepay for a tank when I pick up my rental. I love Vancouver and am so glad that I will be spending a couple days there pre cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Fill up just before the border. If you use the truck stop crossing it is right on your right,if you use the standard crossing (which nornmally has longer lines, I cross 3 times a week) you will have to go into town. You will save a bit of money I think its about 1.95-2.10 a gallon, and once you get over the border depending on the day it will be anywhere from 74 cents - 94 cents, and remember in Vancouver you get 3.5 cents off the posted gas price.. (a little thing they are doing lately)

Here's a link to Canadian Border information which can be handy in figuring out the estimated wait times and which crossing to take. The BC crossings are at the bottom of the list. There are also some other links on this site which you might find useful. Washington State DOT is one of the links and it has webcams. The main BC-WA crossing is Douglas (aka Peace Arch), the 'truck' crossing is Pacific.

http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/general/times/menu-e.html

• 2 weeks later...

If gas price is low fill up now and don't wait til after lunch/dinner, like I have done. I ended up paying 10 cents more per litre.

Hopefully you'll have enough gas to last you. There isn't much long distance driving. Almost everything you want to see is less than 5miles away.

Archived