Booking the Wind Surf

PattyCruise

After our recent and wonderful two week cruise on the Wind Surf, I'm a big fan of the ship. When CC gets around to putting the review we posted two days ago up on the board, you'll see how much we enjoyed the trip! However, the intinerary for 4/3 really is stinky, and the airfare from Denver costs almost as much as the cruise. If I were you, I'd stick to a cruise with a more interesting itinerary, even if it means going on a different ship or at a different time. (Of course, if you don't mind having no itinerary at all, maybe you want to do a tranatlantic trip. No stops, but great relaxation and amazingly cheap fares.)

Patty, we're going on the Windsurf this Sunday, round-trip St. Thomas. Joan/Joe, your review is now posted and I enjoyed reading it ... I was really excited when I booked the cruise a couple of months ago then the excitement wore off a little. After reading your review, the anticipation is getting the better of me! I'm looking forward to the drydock refurbishments. We were thinking of boarding at one o'clock but now I think we'll look around St. Thomas until two. We're going a day early (tomorrow). I'll give a full report in a couple of weeks!

Patty, if you have some schedule flexibility you might look at the Windsurf Mayan Rivera cruises. They are more than the 4/3 cruise, but some of the dates are not that much more. The difference might be offset by a cheaper round trip air fair than the open jaw airfare for 4/3.

A lot of other lines do a trip like this so I guess some people like them but the itinerary leaves me cold. 7 AM to 1 PM in Key West? I wonder if that is a typo because if those times are right it seems like they might as well had another sea day.

Johnny, I'm getting pretty excited about the trip too. Have you looked at the weather forecast? It looks kind of showery. As long as the weather stays calm enough for good snorkeling I'll be happy. I leave early tomorrow. See you on board - though we may not know we are seeing each other.

I don't trust weather.com for international forecasts. It usually shows rain day after day after day. If it rains it will only be for a short time so the snorkeling will be great! Found out we got an upgrade to the "A" deck too. The ship still doesn't look full, so it'll probably be more like J/J's first week of their two week cruise. I reserved a car on St. Barth's for $42 (National) ... quite a bit less than the ship's price of $129:)

Archived