Pike's Riverfront Lodge

LindaandJeff

Has anyone stayed at Pikes Riverfront Lodge? Princess just assigned us there for our cruisetour. Reviews on TripAdvisor are all over the board. Thought Princess usually used Sophie or Bear for overflow. We booked over a year ago so not sure how they assign people... Please let us know what you thought if you stayed at Pikes. Thanks!

We enjoy, and prefer, Pikes although price dictates where we stay in Fairbanks. It's a few miles from downtown and not really convenient if you don't have transportation. There is a rustic bar/restaurant next door that has good burgers.

The Yukon 800 boat race launches next to the hotel in the summer as well as the Tired Iron and Iron Dog Races in the winter. There's an Alaska female ex-governer who's husband runs his snowmachine in the Iron Dog each year and has done very well in the past.

Was there last week on a cruisetour and had no problems. In fact was one of the nicer places we stayed. good continental breakfast, nice view, friendly staff; no noise that I noticed.

Has anyone stayed at Pikes Riverfront Lodge? Princess just assigned us there for our cruisetour. Reviews on TripAdvisor are all over the board. Thought Princess usually used Sophie or Bear for overflow. We booked over a year ago so not sure how they assign people... Please let us know what you thought if you stayed at Pikes. Thanks!

I've stayed there a number of times. I have never had a proiblem with noise. They have excellent customer service. It has an "Alaskan" feel to it (log accents throughout). Nice complimentary breakfast in the morning. It is right on the Chena River. Ask specific questions and I'd be happy to try to answer them as best as I can.

In terms of location, it is less than a mile from the airport. It is true that it is a ways from downtown Fairbanks, but I'm not sure why you would want to stay in close proximity to downtown. I think the location is great.

Thanks all! I feel better. One of the reasons we chose Princess over Celebrity was the opportunity to stay at Princess hotels so we would know what we are getting. Of course, then Princess puts us at Pikes. But it sounds from your responses that we might have received the better deal. It we want to go into Pioneer Park about how much will a cab be? Or should we rent a car for one of our two nights there so we can get around? Also, did any ot you stay there with a Princess Cruisetour? If so, did you still receive the complimentary breakfast? Thanks again for your insight!

We were there on a Celebrity Cruisetour and breakfast was included. How could they tell who was who and who was not entitled to breakfast if it was not included??? The shuttle at the hotel will take you places for a fee. Dont know how much the fee is but you can check with them. Not much in downtown to see. Kind of run down although there are a few good restaurants there. As far as Pioneer Park goes it is not very far from Pikes so a ride should not cost much but a rental car there is pretty cheap too.

We switched from the Bear Lodge to stay here and loved it! Great little restaurant there with good halibut and a short walk away from the riverside restaurant where we had great steak and crab legs. Very clean and being next to the river with a room that looked out over the river made it even better. Enjoy!

Archived