Canon D10 vs Fujipix XP10

I just received a coupon from Costco and they have the Fuji Fine Pix XP10 waterproof camera for 179 . They also have a coupon that starts 6/10 for $40 off. I imagine it would go down to 139.00 That seems like a great deal. Do you think it is worth spending the extra money on the D10 for an everyday use type of camera...or just settle with the Fuji Pix for 139. I am thinking it might be better to just go with the Fuji for that price. Costco also has the Canon D10 for just under 300.00

My little Sony broke and I have my SLR camera for my good photos...I figured it would be fun to have a waterproof camera to use with the kids here in S. Florida. (We spend lots of time in water and rain! ):D

I would try to hold each camera and try to work the buttons. I would hate to spend any amount of money for something that would have me fumbling for the buttons.

I don't like how the review you linked for the XP10 comments on the poor image quality compared to others. If you also have a DSLR I think you might be critical of picture quality. I am a big fan of image stabilization which the Canon has.

Is the coupon good for the Canon? If so I might spend the extra money and get the Canon. If is only on the Fuji I might lean toward it because of the huge price difference. The Fuji could just be cheap enough to leave on the beach unsupervised while you go in swimming. The Canon is just expensive enough that I'd want to keep my eye on it.

I just received a coupon from Costco and they have the Fuji Fine Pix XP10 waterproof camera for 179 . They also have a coupon that starts 6/10 for $40 off. I imagine it would go down to 139.00 That seems like a great deal. Do you think it is worth spending the extra money on the D10 for an everyday use type of camera...or just settle with the Fuji Pix for 139. I am thinking it might be better to just go with the Fuji for that price. Costco also has the Canon D10 for just under 300.00

My little Sony broke and I have my SLR camera for my good photos...I figured it would be fun to have a waterproof camera to use with the kids here in S. Florida. (We spend lots of time in water and rain! ):D

Go with the Canon D10! I, too, have a SLR and I bought the Fuji XP 10 just to take on water excursions etc. for our upcoming cruise. However, I played around with it right after I bought it and the pictures were HORRIBLE. Very dark, grainy and just a HOT MESS!! I ended up taking it back to the store and got another camera. Unfortunately the store where I purchased it didn't have the D10, so I opted for an Olympus just so that I wouldn't have to pay the restocking fee. I'm pleased with it thus far. However, if I had it all to do over again, I would have gone with my gut and gotten the Canon D10 to begin with.

If you go to Amazon.com and take a look at the pictures that users have submitted for each, you can tell a MAJOR difference in the picture quality, especially if you are accustomed to high quality from a SLR.

• 2 weeks later...

We just got the XP10. I'd love the CanonD10 but i couldn't fathom spending 300 bucks for something i'll really only use on our cruise.

plus, the Costco's in canada don't appear to have them. at least not the one here :(

• 2 weeks later...

We spent the $130 at costco and got the fuji finepic xp10. I think it was great. I never switched settings...I just used it on auto...and the photos came out fine. We left the big camera this trip and just took this one. It worked out perfect.

Here is a link to a few photos we took onboard last week... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1226207&highlight=

FinePix Xp10 is cheap, at around $199...

Cannon D10 is more expensive...I think over $250....The Cannon D10 is super ugleh

I found more that have better reviews and price comparable to Cannon D10...

Pentax W90

Pentax_w90.jpg

Olympus 8010

6a00d83451bb2569e20120a8494f57970b-450wi

and Panasonic Lumix TS2

panasonic-lumix-ts2.jpg

all these are around $300 - $400...

Very hard to decide...

If you click on the link in my signature you can see my scrapbook,

that I shot with my D10. I really liked how easy it was to get good photos.

Look into how deep you can take the camera. Its hard to stay with-in 10 feet.

I liked that the D10 was good to 30 feet. I got a lot of good shots in 12-15 feet

of water.

1RubyPrincess502b.jpg

1RubyPrincess505spotout.jpg

I was swimming in a strong current when I took this shot, the lighting was tricky

shooting from dark into the sun. Point and shoot camera did a good job.

RubyPrincess2010136small.jpg

I was floating on my back when I took this shot.

5RubyPrincess100a.jpg

MemorialDay2010058.jpg

BoattripTampa182.jpg

I got to use my D10 tonight at the fireworks. I was hoping that I wouldn't be sorry for not taking my slr and I have to say I was quite pleased with the results it gave me in the dark. This was my first attempt of trying night shots. I tried both the fireworks setting and the long exposure. I believe the fireworks setting did the best. :D

4756942360_d27e13dbe8.jpg

4756941990_68e51e2fc0.jpg

4756304337_391059545f.jpg

4756304099_51468897c5.jpg

4756303847_7eaa761aba.jpg

Archived