Parking New Orleans

kragersmomma

We have gone out of Galveston but never new Orleans - What is the parking situation?

So they have places like EZ Cruise Parking or a place at port?

URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com]countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=kragersmomma&date=11-26-2011&text=&ship=Voyager of the Seas[/url]

Yes the terminal parking is very easy. $16 a day. Fulton street is $10 a day but you must take a shuttle to the terminal.

We arrived on Saturday, 18-SEP, at the Fulton Place Parking garage at 2:15pm and were on the Carnival Triumph at about 2:45. There was no wait for the shuttle at that time of day.

Embarkation was a different story. We were called to leave the ship at 10:30am and finally made it out of customs at about 11:40 and waited about 15 minutes for Fulton Place shuttle. By that time of day traffic had built up with people arriving to check-in for the Triumph going out that afternoon.

For a 7-day cruise, the savings of over $40 was worth it. There is a height limit for the parking garage of but I've already forgotten what it is; we parked a 2001 Toyota Sequoia, 2-wheel drive with luggage rack.

If you have a tall vehicle it would be worth checking on the height limit. We reserved our parking using their website and received a confirmation email.

We used them several years ago and I had time to drop off the family and bags at the terminal and then drove myself to the parking garage. Since the family waited for me before checking in, it works out just as well to go directly to the parking garage with a little more luggage handling involved.

Trying to get out of the parking garage in NOLA today was nothing less than mass chaos!!! In times past, the porter was allowed to bring the our luggage to the parking garage where your vehicle is parked but apparently this is no longer a policy which made for a terribly crazy experience. Although me and my children were right next to the curb with our luggage where the porter delivered us, the staff of the port directed my dh to park our van several yards away when there was no one right in front of where we were standing. We, then, had to drag all of our luggage down to where he was told to park.

Getting into the parking garage last week was just as crazy!!! It took approximately 40 minutes from the time we took our exit until we FINALLY parked!! It was stop-and-go and tempers were beginning to flare before we actually entered the parking garage.

We used this same parking garage last year and it was absolutely NOTHING like it was this time. Our family unanimously voted today for us to port out of Galveston next cruise!

Trying to get out of the parking garage in NOLA today was nothing less than mass chaos!!! In times past, the porter was allowed to bring the our luggage to the parking garage where your vehicle is parked but apparently this is no longer a policy which made for a terribly crazy experience. Although me and my children were right next to the curb with our luggage where the porter delivered us, the staff of the port directed my dh to park our van several yards away when there was no one right in front of where we were standing. We, then, had to drag all of our luggage down to where he was told to park.

This to me would be unacceptable.

I would be contacting some of the port authorities to see what the real deal is:

Cruises - Key Contacts

Mr. Robert Jumonville, Director

Telephone: (504) 528-3230

Fax: (504) 528-3460

Email: jumonviller@portno.com

Mr. Johnny Cefalu, Deputy Director of Cruise and Tourism

Telephone: (504) 528-3219

Fax: (504) 528-3460

Email: cefaluj@portno.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've read the posts on this thread and several others. I need some general advice on parking in New Orleans. I have considered both the port parking and parking at a hotel. I walk with a cane and will be traveling with 2 girls, so we will definately need help with our luggage. I am looking for suggestions on the absolute easiest way to do parking, regardless of cost.

I've read the posts on this thread and several others. I need some general advice on parking in New Orleans. I have considered both the port parking and parking at a hotel. I walk with a cane and will be traveling with 2 girls, so we will definately need help with our luggage. I am looking for suggestions on the absolute easiest way to do parking, regardless of cost.

This might be an option for you to get your luggage to the terminal:

http://www.advancecheckin.com/

Then you could park at the port and not have to worry about it.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived